DelveInsight's 'Peripheral Nerve Injuries (PNI ) - Epidemiology Forecast - 2030' report delivers an in-depth understanding of the disease, historical and forecasted PNI epidemiology in the United States, EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and United Kingdom), and Japan.
Peripheral Nerve Injuries (PNI) Understanding
The peripheral nervous system (PNS) is a vast communications network that transmits information from the brain and spinal cord (the central nervous system) to every other part of the body. Peripheral nerves (PN) also send sensory information back to the brain and spinal cord, such as a message that the feet are cold or a finger is burned. The PNS is comprised of three types of cells: neuronal cells, glial cells, and stromal cells. Nerves are comprised of various combinations of motor, sensory, and autonomic neurons.
PNIs remains a major medical problem worldwide. These lesions are caused mainly by vehicular motor accidents, penetrating trauma after stabbing incidents, gunshot injuries, and stretching or crushing injuries after falls. Fractures of the adjacent bones are commonly associated with PNIs, such as humeral fractures associated with radial neuropathy. Depending on the mechanism of the injury, the PNIs can be sharp or blunt, transected, or lacerated; the nerves may be displaced, contused, stretched, or even partially divided, leading to neuromas or lesions in continuity.
Peripheral Nerve Injuries (PNI) Epidemiology Perspective by DelveInsight
The disease epidemiology covered in the report provides historical as well as forecasted epidemiology segmented by Total Number of Annual Peripheral Nerve Injuries, Total Annual Number of PNI by Extremities and Total Number of PNI Surgeries Performed scenario of PNI in the 7MM covering the United States, EU5 countries (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and United Kingdom), and Japan from 2017 to 2030.
PNI Detailed Epidemiology Segmentation
- The total number of Annual PNI cases in the 7MM was 3,889,176 in 2017.
- United States accounted for the highest number of PNI cases among the 7MM. The total number of PNI cases in the US was estimated to be 1,645,218 in 2017.
- Upper extremities and lower extremities PNI cases in the US were 1,151,901 and 493,316, respectively in 2017.
- The total number of surgeries performed for PNI in the US was estimated to be 720,605 in 2017.
- Among the European 5 countries, Italy had the highest cases of PNI with 412,612 cases, followed by France and the United Kingdom with 292,295 cases, and 276,320 cases, respectively. On the other hand, Spain had the lowest cases, i.e., 142,880 in 2017.
- Japan ranks second highest for numbers of PNI cases among 7MM. In 2017, there were an estimated 848,800 cases of PNI in Japan.
Scope of the Report:
- The report covers the descriptive overview of PNI, explaining its causes, signs, and symptoms, and pathophysiology.
- The report provides insight into the 7MM historical and forecasted patient pool covering the United States, EU5 countries (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and United Kingdom) and Japan.
- The report assesses the disease risk and burden.
- The report provides the segmentation of the disease epidemiology for 7MM by Total Number of Annual Peripheral Nerve Injuries, Total Annual Number of PNI by Extremities, and Total Number of PNI Surgeries Performed.
- 11-Year Forecast of PNI
- 7MM Coverage
- Total Number of Annual Peripheral Nerve Injuries
- Total Annual Number of PNI by Extremities
- Total Number of PNI Surgeries Performed
Key Questions Answered
- What are the disease risk, burden, and unmet needs of PNI?
- What is the historical PNI patient pool in the United States, EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and UK) and Japan?
- What would be the forecasted patient pool of PNI at the 7MM level?
- What will be the growth opportunities across the 7MM with respect to the patient population pertaining to PNI?
- Out of the countries mentioned above, which country would have the highest patient population of PNI during the forecast period (2020-2030)?
- At what CAGR the population is expected to grow across the 7MM during the forecast period (2020-2030)?
Reasons to buy:
The PNI report will allow the user to -
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the 7MM PNI market.
- Quantify patient populations in the 7MM PNI market to improve product design, pricing, and launch plans.
- Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the specific type of PNI that presents the best opportunities for PNI therapeutics in each of the markets covered.
- The PNI epidemiology report and model were written and developed by Masters and PhD level epidemiologists.
- The PNI epidemiology model developed by DelveInsight is easy to navigate, interactive with dashboards, and epidemiology based on transparent and consistent methodologies. Moreover, the model supports data presented in the report and showcases disease trends over the 11-year forecast period using reputable sources.
- Patient Segmentation
- Disease Risk and Burden
- Risk of disease by the segmentation
- Factors driving growth in a specific patient population
- The United States
- EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom)
Study Period: 2017-2030