Market Research Report
Lennox Gastaut Syndrome - Epidemiology Forecast to 2030
|Published by||DelveInsight Business Research LLP||Product code||968106|
|Published||Pre-Order||Content info||85 Pages
Delivery time: 10 business days
|Lennox Gastaut Syndrome - Epidemiology Forecast to 2030|
|Published: Pre-Order||Content info: 85 Pages||
DelveInsight's 'Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome (LGS)- Epidemiology Forecast-2030' report delivers an in-depth understanding of the Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome (LGS), historical and forecasted epidemiology in the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, Italy, France, and the United Kingdom) and Japan.
Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome (LGS) Disease Understanding
Lennox-Gastaut syndrome (LGS) is a severe pediatric epilepsy syndrome characterized by multiple pharmaco-resistant seizure types, including tonic, atypical absences, and tonic or atonic drop attacks, and the presence of electroencephalographic abnormalities, such as slow-spike waves and paroxysmal fast rhythms. Intellectual disability, behavioral and psychiatric disorders are common comorbidities, and these disturbances have multi-factorial pathogenesis.
In addition to the classic seizures, patients with LGS can experience many other seizures, such as myoclonic, focal, and non-convulsive status epilepticus, especially in later stages of the disease. Although intellectual disability (ID) is seen in most patients, it can also be absent; therefore, ID is not considered a diagnostic criterion.
Some clinical features, such as cognitive decline, may not be apparent at the onset of the seizures. This makes early diagnosis difficult; however, the syndrome will evolve over a few months to years, and subsequently, all classical features will appear. Tonic seizures, which are the syndrome's hallmark, may be quite subtle and may only appear during sleep. Moreover, atonic and atypical absence seizures might be challenging to recognize in younger children or may appear later. Myoclonic and partial seizures are less common. Comorbid behavior, sleep, and learning difficulties are also frequently encountered.
The Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome (LGS) epidemiology division provides insights about the historical and current patient pool along with the forecasted trend for every seven major countries. It helps recognize the causes of current and forecasted trends by exploring numerous studies and views of key opinion leaders. This part of the DelveInsight report also provides the diagnosed patient pool and their trends along with assumptions undertaken.
The disease epidemiology covered in the report provides historical as well as forecasted Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome (LGS) epidemiology segmented as the Total Prevalent cases of Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome (LGS), Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome (LGS), Gender-Specific cases of Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome (LGS), Seizure-Specific cases of Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome (LGS). The report includes the Prevalent scenario of Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome (LGS) symptoms in 7MM covering the United States, EU5 countries (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom), and Japan from 2017 to 2030.
The epidemiology segment also provides the Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome (LGS) epidemiology data and findings across the United States, EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom), and Japan.
The total prevalent population of Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome (LGS) Associated in 7MM countries estimated to be 111,798 cases in 2017.
We interview KOLs, and SME's opinion through primary research to fill the data gaps and validate our secondary research. The opinion helps understand the total patient population and current treatment pattern. This will support the clients in potential upcoming novel treatment by identifying the overall scenario of the indications.
Key Questions Answered
The Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome (LGS) Epidemiology report will allow the user to -
Study Period: 2017-2030
The US's epidemiological model is based on the assumption based as per Lennox-Gastaut Foundation 2016. The organization revealed that there are approximately 14,000-18,000 children with LGS under 18 years in the United States, accounting for about 40% of cases from children, and the rest 60% of cases belong to adults.