Market Research Report
Global Fire Resistant Fabric Market 2019-2026
|Global Fire Resistant Fabric Market 2019-2026|
Published: December 1, 2019
Delivery time: 2 business days
Fire resistant fabrics are also known as flame retardant fabrics. Inherently fire resistant fabrics are naturally fire resistant because of its natural fiber. Synthetic fibers are extremely flame resistant includes glass fibers and modacrylic, fabrics will remain flame resistant for a lifetime without any additional treatment and treated with a fire-resistant chemical to resist heat and flames. Some of the recognized brands and types of fire resistant fabrics are nomex flight suits, kevlar, nomex, indura, PBI, proban, and others. Treated flame resistant fabrics are sprayed or dipped into flame resistant chemical polybrominated diphenyl ethers (PBDEs).
The National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) Standard NFPA 701 focus on methods of fire tests for flame propagation of textiles and films. To meet this standard, fabric must be burned and tested on three things: the measure of the flame, char length, and flaming residue. The other standard is NFPA 70E standard, NFPA 70E states that employees shall wear flame-resistant clothing where there is possibility of exposure to an electric arc flash, and it provides comprehensive, multi-step instructions on how to protect from electrical arc hazard.
Glen Raven Technical Fabrics has launched GlenGuard Hi-Vis, it is a highly visible flame resistant fabric that makes safety vests cooler and also protects from electrical explosion. They are useful for construction worker and people working in natural gas line.
Oil & gas and other industries extensively use flame resistant fabric for the safety of workers from high accident risk in such industries has driven the global fire resistant fabric market.
The new technology and the awareness of end users towards the benefit of the products have driven the global fire resistant fabric market.
The regulation imposed by National Fire Protection Association for the testing of fabric quality for the protection of end user, this will increase the cost for the manufacturer, has been a major restraint for the global manufacturers of fire resistant fabric.
The fire resistant apparels are heavy to carry for the users which can be a restraint for global fire resistant fabric.
By product type
The fire resistant fabric is segment products are; inherently fire resistant (PBI, aramid fibers, and others) and treated fire resistant fabric. Inherently fire resistant has major market as it provide natural fire resistant, they are not dipped or sprayed with any chemical for fire resistant.
By end- user
The fire resistant fabric is segmented by end-users such as defense, transportation (automobiles, railways, air and others), oil and gas and others. Oil and gas is the major market for fire resistant fabric followed by growing market for transportation, as there are major chances of fire accidents. Thus, the use of safety measures by providing fire resistant apparel and non apparel is increasing in these industries.
Key market segments covered
BY PRODUCT TYPE
● Treated fire resistant fabric
● Inherently fire resistant fabric
BY APPLICATION TYPE
BY END-USERS TYPE
● Oil and Gas
● Asia Pacific
● North America
● South America
● Rest of the World
● Visualize the composition of the fire resistant fabric market across each indication, in terms of by product type, by application type, and by end-users highlighting the key commercial assets and players.
● Identify commercial opportunities in fire resistant fabric market by analyzing trends and co-development deals.
● Excel data sheet with thousands of data points of the fire resistant fabric market - level 4/5 segmentation
● PDF report with the most relevant analysis cogently put together after exhaustive qualitative interviews and in-depth market study
● Product mapping in excel for the fire resistant fabric products of all major market players
● Raw Material Suppliers/ Buyers
● Product Suppliers/ Buyers
● Industry Investors/Investment Bankers
● Education & Research Institutes
● Research Professionals
● Emerging Companies