The Market for Nanotextiles broadly encompasses:
- Nanocoated/finished textiles (e.g. anti-bacterial nanocoatings, self-cleaning, flame retardant nanoclays). Most nano-enabled textiles on the market fall into this category.
- Nanocomposite textiles fibre materials (e.g. CNTs integrated into manufacture for enhanced strength; smart textiles with sensor elements; conductive textiles; shape memory textiles).
- Nanofiber textiles (electrospun nanofibers for protection, conductivity etc.)
- Nano-based non-wovens (e.g. barrier nanofilm integrated in layers).
- E-textiles/wearable electronics incorporating nanomaterials.
The development of high value-added products such as smart fabrics, wearable consumer and medical devices and protective textiles has increased rapidly in the last decade. Recent advances in stimuli-responsive surfaces and interfaces, sensors and actuators, flexible electronics, nanocoatings and conductive nanomaterials has led to the development of a new generation of smart and adaptive electronic fibers, yarns and fabrics for application in E-textiles.
Report contents include:
- Markets and applications of nanotextiles including wearable electronics, E-textiles, apparel, sportswear, footwear, medical textiles and industrial textiles.
- Nanomaterials utilized in nanotextiles including graphene, carbon nanotubes, nanocellulose, metal oxide nanomaterials, nanosilver, nanofibers and nanocoatings.
- Market drivers and trends
- Nanotextles industrial collaborations and licence agreements
- Global market revenues for nanotextiles to 2030 by applications and nanomaterials types.
- Advantages of nanomaterials in textiles.
- Market and technical challenges for nanotextiles.
- Recent commercial activity.
- 78 nanotextiles producer profiles.