Emerging Competitors Identify Future Growth Potential by Establishing Themselves as End-to-end Electric Vehicle Solution Providers through an Ecosystem-based Approach
The automotive industry is undergoing a transformation as CASE technologies increasingly influence its future and diverging markets open opportunities for new players along the value chain. A shift in mindset from automotive to mobility is certainly forcing traditional car manufacturers to compete with new entrants on multiple fronts. Mobility providers (e.g., Ola), tech giants (e.g., Baidu, Apple), eCommerce giants (e.g., Amazon, Alibaba), and many others are entering the automotive market, making it complex, competitive, and fragmented. The end goal of these players is to gain a significant position in the automotive value chain while exploring various business models and expanding in this economically attractive segment.
This study provides the following:
- Strategic overview of nontraditional players entering the automotive industry, analysis of their car-building capabilities, and exploration of their diversification strategies, focusing on corporate, CASE, manufacturing, and sales
- Overview of nontraditional players' product portfolios, growth strategies, product planning, platform development, and positioning
- Go-to-market strategies for nontraditional players with analysis of their initiatives and partnerships in the automotive industry
- Exploration of synergies among nontraditional players and their vision in the overall automotive industry and mobility ecosystem
- Discussion of drivers and restraints for these companies in the automotive industry
- Analysis of nontraditional players' business models
Key Issues Addressed:
- Who are the nontraditional players entering the electric vehicle (EV) space? Why are they entering the automotive market?
- What are their capabilities, and how are they placed in the EV market?
- What are nontraditional players' strengths and opportunities in the automotive market?
- What are these companies' business models and go-to-market strategies?
- What is the long-term vision for these nontraditional companies in the automotive market?