Understand Consumers Perceptions, Switching Behaviour, and Willingness to Pay
The main objective of this study is to investigate typical attitude towards fleet telematics (fleet management system solutions), understand key features and service expectations, explore perceptions and willingness to pay for fleet telematics services, examine vendor satisfaction and brand perceptions, and to look into vendor consideration and selection criteria. Data were collected by a panel-based survey in France, Germany, Italy, the UK, and Poland. A total of 206 decision makers or key influencers for fleet management solutions were surveyed to obtain the results.
Service packages discussed in the study are fuel management, vehicle management, safety and security, order management, driver management, driver behaviour management, and trailer management.
- Evaluate general attitudes towards fleet telematics (FMS)
- Understand features and services that are expected from a device as well as most preferred back-office services
- Measure perceptions and willingness to pay for fleet telematics services
- Understand key vendor consideration and selection criteria
- Measure level of satisfaction with vendors
Why Connected Truck Market?
- By 2020, more than 35 million of trucks globally will be connected.
- Nearly 40% of fleet managers feel connected trucks are a “must have”.
- With smart roads and smart cities, smart trucks will be a necessity.
- Driver behaviour and compliance will be the key aspects for fleet optimization
- Future trucks allow the user to easily pay for fuel, toll, parking, infotainment, and many more in real time.
- Challenges faced and current non-telematics solutions used to address them - identifies current non-telematics solutions used to address their challenges and the benefits realized
- Awareness and attitude towards telematics - identifies the perception of telematics and reasons for not investing
- Usage of telematics and benefits realized - presents the type of telematics solution largely used and reasons for investing
- Preferred telematics vendor and satisfaction index - showcases the satisfaction level of current telematics solution and presents the preferred telematics solution for future
- Preferred telematics hardware and future expectation - identifies the preference of hardware device and in-cab display
- Preferred telematics services and future expectation - highlights the most used telematics services today and preferred telematics services for future
- Preferred pricing and business model - identifies the preferred hardware and service pricing of telematics services and packages and interest towards new business model
- Preferred selection criteria of telematics vendor - identifies the initial criteria to nominate a telematics vendor and popular medium used to follow telematics vendor