Understand Consumer Perceptions, Switching Behaviour and Willingness to Pay
The overall objectives of this study are to investigate typical attitudes towards fleet telematics (fleet management system solutions), understand key features and service expectations; explore perceptions and willingness to pay for fleet telematics services; examine vendor satisfaction and brand perceptions; and look at vendor consideration and selection criteria. Data was collected by means of a panel-based survey in the US, Canada, Brazil and Mexico. A total of 210 decision makers or key influencers for fleet management solutions were surveyed to obtain the results. Service packages discussed in the study are fuel management, vehicle management, safety and security, order management, driver management, driver behaviour management and trailer management.
- Evaluate general attitude towards fleet telematics (FMS)
- Understand features and services that are expected from a device as well as most preferred back-office services standpoint
- Measure perceptions and willingness to pay for fleet telematics services
- Understand key vendor considerations and selection criteria
- Measure level of satisfaction with vendors
Why Connected Truck Market?
- By 2020, more than 35 million of trucks globally will be connected
- Nearly 40% of fleet managers feel connected trucks are a "must have"
- With smart roads and smart cities, smart trucks will be a necessity
- Driver behaviour and compliance will be the key aspects for fleet optimisation
- Future trucks will allow the user to easily pay for fuel, toll, parking, infotainment and many more in real time
- Challenges Faced and Current Non-Telematics Solutions Used to Address - identifies current non-telematics solutions used to address the challenges and the benefits realised
- Awareness and Attitude towards telematics - identifies the perception of telematics, and the reasons for not investing
- Usage of Telematics and Benefits Realised - presents the type of telematics solutions largely used and the reasons for investing
- Preferred Telematics Vendor and Satisfaction Index - showcases the satisfaction level of current telematics solution and presents the preferred telematics solution for the future
- Preferred Telematics Hardware and Future Expectation - identifies the preference of hardware device and in-cab display
- Preferred Telematics Services and Future Expectation - highlights the most used telematics services today and the preferred telematics services for the future
- Preferred Pricing and Business Model - identifies the preferred hardware and service pricing of telematics services and packages; and the interest towards new business models
- Preferred Selection Criteria of Telematics Vendor - identifies the initial criteria to nominate a telematics vendor and the popular medium used to follow a telematics vendor.