The global haircare sector was valued at US$92.2 billion in 2020 and is forecast to record a CAGR of 0.23% during 2020-2025 to reach US$93.3 billion by 2025. The Americas represented the largest region for the global haircare sector, with a value share of 42.2% in 2020, followed by the Asia-Pacific with 35.1%. Among all the regions, Eastern Europe is forecast to record the highest value CAGR during 2020-2025, at 3.79%. As the COVID-19 pandemic is brought under control and some semblance of normal life returns, consumers are poised to become more conscious of their appearance. This will boost the use of at-home hair products and increase the frequency of visits to professional hair salons. At the same time, the rise in responsible/ethical consumerism, combined with the implementation of stringent government legislations, is compelling manufacturers to adopt sustainable ingredient sourcing and processing methods, and make use of reusable, recyclable, or biodegradable materials. Moreover, owing to mounting pressure from animal welfare lobbies, formulators face the challenge of identifying effective and cruelty-free alternatives to animal testing. In 2020, shampoo had the highest value and volume shares of 41.9% and 54.5%, respectively. Salon haircare is set to be the fastest-growing category, with a projected value CAGR of 5.84% during 2020-2025.
This report brings together multiple data sources to provide a comprehensive overview of the global haircare sector. It includes analysis on the following -
- Sector Overview: Provides an overview of current sector scenario regarding the future outlook in terms of ingredients, product claims, labeling, and packaging. The analysis also covers regional overview across five regions- Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, Americas, Western Europe, and Eastern Europe- highlighting sector size, growth drivers, latest developments, and future inhibitors for the region
- High-Potential Countries: Provides risk-reward analysis of the top four high-potential countries in each region based on market assessment, economic development, socio-demographic, governance indicators, and technological infrastructure
- Country and Regional Analysis: Provides deep-dive analysis of 10 high-potential countries covering value growth over 2020-2025, key challenges, consumer demographics, and key trends. It also includes regional analysis covering the future outlook for the region
- Competitive Landscape: Provides an overview of leading brands at a global and regional level, besides analyzing the product profile, country level presence, market share, and growth of private labels in each region
- Key Distribution Channels: Provides analysis on the leading distribution channels in the global haircare sector in 2020. It covers: Hypermarkets & Supermarkets, Food & drinks specialists, Department Stores, Convenience Stores, "Dollar Stores", Variety Stores & General Merchandise Retailers, Cash & Carries & Warehouse Clubs, Drug stores & Pharmacies, eRetailers, Vending machines, and Others
- Preferred Packaging Formats*: The report provides percentage share (in 2020) and growth analysis (during 2015-2025) for various packaging materials, containers, closures, and outer types based on the volume sales (by pack units) of haircare products
- Provides an overview of current industry scenario regarding the future outlook in terms of ingredients, product claims, labeling, and packaging.
- The analysis also covers regional overview across five regions - Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa, Americas, Western Europe, and Eastern Europe - highlighting industry size, growth drivers, latest developments, and future inhibitors for the regions.
Reasons to Buy
- To have a thorough fact based analysis with information about the global haircare industry across the five regions in value terms and the underlying factors that are driving the sales.
- To gain confidence to make the correct business decisions based on a detailed analysis of the industry and to identify high-potential countries over the next 5 years.
- The analysts have placed a significant emphasis on the mega trends that drive consumer choice and will provide a clear picture about the future opportunities that can be explored across the regions, resulting in revenue expansion.
- To gain competitive intelligence about leading brands in the industry at global and regional level with information about their sector share, business descriptions and product profiles