GlobalData's Tourism Source Market Insight - Brazil (2021) report provides a thorough insight into Brazil's domestic and outbound tourism market. The report looks at the profiles of Brazilian tourists and summarizes the key reasons that they travel. The report offers an in-depth analysis of traveler flows, spending patterns, main destination markets and current and future opportunities for tourism businesses seeking to tap into the Brazilian outbound travel market. It also assesses the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Sun and Beach holidays are the most desired by Brazilian residents, followed by Adventure / Sport holidays, city breaks and cultural trips.
- Domestic travel is concentrated in the Southeast of Brazil, where major cities such as Rio de Janeiro and Sao Paulo are situated.
- Air travel is the most common method of transport for outbound travel, due to Brazil's location and size of the country.
- In 2020, 98% of trips were to domestic destinations, 2% to international. Domestic trips declined by 58% whilst international trips declined by 72%.
- This report is part of GlobalData's Source Market Insights Series. This report provides an in-depth analysis of traveler flows, spending patterns, main destination markets, as well as current and future opportunities for tourism businesses seeking to tap into the Brazilian outbound travel market.
Reasons to Buy
- This report provides clear insight into developments in Brazil's domestic, intra-regional and outbound tourism markets.
- The report uses data and analysis to discuss future trends related to domestic trips, international departures, traveler spending, and main destination markets.
- The report explores the different profiles of Brazilian tourists and the reasons that they travel, hence providing an insight into the trends in different segments of the market.
- The reader gains a strong understanding of the opportunities in the country, as well as the risks, to support better business decisions
- This report examines the impact of COVID-19 on Brazilian outbound and domestic tourism