GlobalData's Tourism "Source Market Insight - Germany" report provides a thorough insight into Germany's domestic, intra-regional and long-haul travel habbits. The report looks at the profiles of German tourists and summarizes the key reasons why they travel. The report offers an in-depth analysis of traveler flows, spending patterns, main destination markets and current and future opportunities for tourism businesses seeking to tap into the German source market. It also assesses the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on German tourism.
- German visitation to Turkey increased at a robust CAGR of 19.1%. Turkey's rapid vaccination progress along with a decrease in the number of new COVID-19 cases has put the country among the most attractive and healthiest travel destinations for this summer. Additionally, according to German migration and integration statistics, 1.5 million Turkish nationals live in Germany, which stimulates high levels of outbound VFR tourism to Turkey. With the lifting of travel restrictions on Turkey by Germany, the country is now expecting 2.7 million German tourists to visit Turkey this year.
- According to GlobalData, the market value of online travel intermediaries in Germany increased at rapid growth CAGR of 13.3% between 2010 and 2019, with market value amounting to US$23.1bn by the end of this time period. Additionally, in 2020, the proportion of internet users in total population stood at 91.4% in Germany. This high percentage means that many travelers in Germany will opt for online bookings due to the time and cost saving benefits that OTA's can offer, in comparison to in-store agencies. 45% of German tourists stated that 'previous visits' helped them to decide where to go on holiday.
- This point illustrates that Germans are influenced by trustworthy and familiar experiences. In the graph to the right, 51% of Germans stated that they are now either 'often' or 'always' influenced by how familiar/trust-worthy/risk-free the product/service feels, demonstrating that the need for familiar experiences is substantial.
- This report is part of GlobalData's Source Market Insights Series. This report provides an in-depth analysis of traveler flows, spending patterns, main destination markets, as well as current and future opportunities for tourism businesses seeking to tap into the German source market.
Reasons to Buy
- This report provides clear insight into developments in the German domestic, intra-regional and outbound tourism markets.
- The report uses data and analysis to discuss future trends related to domestic trips, international departures, traveler spending, and main destination markets.
- The report explores the different profiles of German tourists and the reasons why they travel, which provides an insight into the trends in different segments of the market.
- The reader gains a strong understanding of the opportunities when targeting this market, as well as the risks, to support better business decisions.
- This report examines the impact of COVID-19 on German outbound and domestic tourism.