The Turkish wine sector is led by the still wine category in value and volume terms in 2020. Furthermore, the fortified wine category is forecast to register the fastest value and volume growth during 2020-2025. Hypermarkets & supermarkets is the leading channel in distribution of wine in the country. Glass is the most used pack material in the sector. Kavaklidere Saraplari AS., Mey Industry and Trade Inc., and Sovilen Sarap Sanayii AS. are the leading companies in the Turkish wine sector.
This Country Profile report on the Wine sector in Turkey provides insights on high growth markets to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, types and closures category level distribution data and companies market shares.
What else is contained?
- Sector data: Overall sector value and volume data with growth analysis for 2015-2025
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for fortified wine, sparkling wine and still wine with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2020-2025
- Leading players: Market share of compaines (in value terms) and private labels (in value terms) in 2020
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each category through distribution channels such as cash & carries & warehouse clubs, convenience stores, department stores, food & drinks specialists, hypermarkets & supermarkets, e-retailers, "dollar stores", variety stores & general merchandise retailers other general retailers
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for package materials and pack types in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Pack material data for glass, flexible packaging, rigid plastics, paper & board and rigid metal; pack type for: jar, bag/sachet, tub, speciality container, stand up pouch, carton - folding, can, pod and other pack type, closure type for: flip/snap top, screw top, prize off, twist off, plastic tie and other closure types, primary outer types for: carton - folding, bag, sleeve and shrink wrap.
- Per capita expenditure and consumption of wine in Turkey were higher than both the global and regional levels in 2020
- The per capita consumption of still wine was higher than other make-up categories in 2020 in Turkey
- Hypermarkets & supermarkets is the leading distribution channel in the Turkey wine sector
- Glass accounted for a share of 97.8% in the Turkish wine sector, in 2020
Reasons to Buy
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed company share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
- The packaging analysis report helps manufacturers, in identifying the most commonly used packaging materials in the sector
- Analysis on key macro-economic indicators such as real GDP, nominal GDP, consumer price index, household consumption expenditure, population (by age group, gender, rural-urban split, and employed people and unemployment rate. It also includes economic summary of the country along with labor market and demographic trends.