The Myanmar haircare sector was led by shampoo category in both value and volume terms. However, styling agents category is forecast to register fastest value and volume growth, during 2020-2025. Convenience stores is the leading channel for distribution of haircare products in the country. Unilever, Proctor & Gamble and L'Oreal S.A. are the top three companies in the Myanmar haircare sector
GlobalData's Country Profile report on the haircare sector in Burma provides insights on high growth markets to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, types and closures category level distribution data and companies market shares.
What else is contained?
- Sector data: Overall sector value and volume data with growth analysis for 2015-2025
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for conditioner, hair colorants, hair loss treatments, perms & relaxers, salon hair care, shampoo and styling agents with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2020-2025
- Leading players: Market share of compaines (in value terms) and private labels (in value terms) in 2020
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each category through distribution channels such as cash & carries & warehouse clubs, chemists/pharmacies, convenience stores, department stores, direct sellers, health & beauty stores, hypermarkets & supermarkets, parapharmacies/drugstores, "dollar stores", variety stores & general merchandise retailers, e-retailers other general retailers.
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for package materials and pack types in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Pack material data for glass, flexible packaging, paper & board, rigid plastics, and rigid metal; pack type for: tube, jar, bottle, bag/sachet, tub, aerosol, carton-folding, stand up pouch and other pack type, closure type for: flip/snap top, dispenser, screw top, cap, prize off, twist off, sports cap and other closure types, primary outer types for: carton - folding, blister pack, sleeve and shrink wrap.
- Both the per capita consumption and expenditure of haircare in Myanmar were lower than the global level in 2020
- Convenience stores is the leading distribution channel in the Myanmar haircare sector, with a value share of 51.8% in 2020
- Unilever accounted for a value share of 17.3% in the Myanmar haircare sector, in 2020
- Shampoo was the largest category in 2020, with value sales of MMK97.8 billion, while styling agents is forecast to register the fastest value growth at a CAGR of 10.38% during 2020-2025. The conditioner category is also expected to gain market share in value terms during 2020-2025
Reasons to Buy
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed company share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
- The packaging analysis report helps manufacturers, in identifying the most commonly used packaging materials in the sector
- Analysis on key macro-economic indicators such as real GDP, nominal GDP, consumer price index, household consumption expenditure, population (by age group, gender, rural-urban split, and employed people and unemployment rate. It also includes economic summary of the country along with labor market and demographic trends.