GlobalData's Tourism Source Market Insight - Japan (2021) report provides a thorough insight into the Japanese domestic and outbound tourism markets. The report looks at the profiles of Japanese tourists and summarizes the key reasons that they travel. The report offers an in-depth analysis of traveler flows, spending patterns, main destination markets and current and future opportunities for tourism businesses seeking to tap into the Japanese outbound travel market.
- Defying global travel trends, gastronomical holidays are top choice for Japanese travelers. Sun and beach is typically the least likely holiday taken.
- Group travel is set to increase. Accounting for just 10.7% of outbound travelers in 2020, this figure is set to increase to 17.0% by 2025 (CAGR 21-25: 19.7%)
- Accommodation and retail top the outbound expenditure categories. Average daily expenditure is forecast to increase to US$183.9 by 2024 (CAGR 21-25: 19.0%).
- This report is part of GlobalData's Source Market Insights Series. This report provides an in-depth analysis of traveler flows, spending patterns, main destination markets, as well as current and future opportunities for tourism businesses seeking to tap into the Japanese source market.
Reasons to Buy
- This report provides clear insight into developments in Japan's domestic, intra-regional and outbound tourism markets.
- The report uses data and analysis to discuss future trends related to domestic trips, international departures, traveler spending, and main destination markets.
- The report explores the different profiles of Japanese tourists and the reasons that they travel, hence providing an insight into the trends in different segments of the market.
- The reader gains a strong understanding of the opportunities in the country, as well as the risks, to support better business decisions
- This report examines the impact of COVID-19 on Japanese outbound and domestic tourism