Aerospace & defense companies are leveraging technologies to overcome various challenges and also adapt themselves to the changing environments. The companies are accelerating their digital transformations at a faster pace than those in other industries. Companies' ability to master change ahead will be critical, with today's technology decisions heavily influencing future performance. The companies leverage various technologies including 3D printing, smart satellites, unmanned ground vehicles, and others to adopt to implement the changes in various use cases of the aerospace & defense sector including manufacturing, maintenance, repair, and overhaul (MRO), and aircraft servicing. The report highlights how innovative technologies can transform the aerospace & defense sector to meet the challenges in the industry.
Innovations: presents real-world innovation use cases and examples related to the implementation of emerging technologies by companies as well as startups in the aerospace & defence sector. It casts light on how tech-enabled innovations are transforming every segment of the sector value chain.
- Theme Exposure Map: presents the top themes impacting the sector over the last three years compared to other sectors.
- Patent Filings Chart: displays the top ten themes in the sector with the highest number of patent filings over the last three years.
- Innovation Map: key real-world innovation use cases of emerging technologies implemented by enterprises and startups in the sector.
- Innovation Insights: innovation examples by each value chain segment of the sector to present key trends.
- Vendor Map: represents a sample list of vendors in each use case highlighted in the report.
Reasons to Buy
- No surprise that technology has been a driving force in business transformation for years, but the term 'emerging technologies' has all of the sudden become the key catalyst to drive the next wave of innovation across sectors.
- The sense of urgency weighs different across different sectors, where the direct customer-facing sectors are at the forefront compared to other capital-intensive sectors. Companies in one sector can take cues from successful innovations in other sectors to either draw analogies with existing products, services, and processes or transfer strategic approaches for a revolutionary transformation.
- Against this backdrop, enterprises need to understand which emerging technologies are impacting their sector and how various companies are implementing them to meet various challenges.
- The innovation landscape report in aerospace & defence sector, published by GlobalData as part of an ongoing series, covers some of the key trends, use cases, and real-world examples related to the implementation of emerging technologies across the aerospace & defence value chain.