GlobalData's Poland Source Tourism Insight Report, provides a thorough insight into Poland's domestic and outbound tourism market. The report looks at the profiles of Polish tourists and summarizes the key reasons that they travel. The report offers an in-depth analysis of traveler flows, spending patterns, main destination markets and current and future opportunities for tourism businesses seeking to tap into the Polish outbound travel market.
- Prior to COVID-19, Polish outbound tourism had been growing steadily year-on-year. The number of outbound tourists declined by 64.5% YoY from 2019 to 2020 to 6.3 million international departures as the Polish government placed restrictions in place to limit the spread of COVID-19 by limiting international travel. Going forward, outbound travel is set to reach xx million trips which will exceed pre-pandemic levels by 2024, according to GlobalData forecasts.
- In 2021, the top international destinations for Poland were Italy, Croatia, Germany, Greece, and Slovakia. According to GlobalData's Q3 2021 Consumer Survey, Polish travelers typically enjoy sun and beach holidays (60%), adventure/sport holidays (40%), and VFR travel (39%). In 2020, domestic tourists declined by 42.5% YoY from 48.4 million in 2019 to 27.8 million in 2020 as COVID-19 brought about national lockdowns and stay at home orders and this figure increased by 42.5% YoY to 39.7 million in 2021.
- In 2019, total outbound expenditure reached $xx billion. As COVID-19 limited international travel, total outbound tourism expenditure declined xx% YoY to $xx billion in 2020 and has since recovered by xx% YoY to $xx billion in 2021. Total outbound expenditure is projected to reach xx billion by 2024, according to GlobalData forecasts.
- This report is part of GlobalData's Source Market Insights Series. This report provides an in-depth analysis of traveler flows, spending patterns, main destination markets, as well as current and future opportunities for tourism businesses seeking to tap into the Polish outbound travel market.
Reasons to Buy
- This report provides clear insight into developments in Poland's domestic and outbound tourism markets. The report uses data and analysis to discuss future trends related to domestic trips, international departures, traveler spending, and main destination markets.
- The report explores the different profiles of Polish tourists and the reasons that they travel, hence providing an insight into the trends in different segments of the market. The reader gains a strong understanding of the opportunities in the country, as well as the risks, to support better business decisions. This report examines the impact of COVID-19 on Polish outbound and domestic tourism.