"Egypt Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report," a new Country Intelligence Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Egypt today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2026. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics, and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile, and pay-TV markets, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
The total telecom and pay-TV service revenue will grow at a CAGR of 3.1% over the 2021-2026 period, from $6 billion in 2021 to $7 billion in 2026, supported by revenue contributions from fixed broadband and mobile data segments. Mobile data services revenues will grow from $2 billion in 2021 to $3.1 billion in 2026, at a CAGR of 9.1% over 2021-2026, driven by growth in mobile internet subscriptions and adoption of higher ARPS 4G services on the back of growing usage of data hungry social networking apps and video streaming platforms.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following -
- Demographic and macroeconomic context in Egypt.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, DTT migration, IoT regulations, etc.
- Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data, and pay-TV markets.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom and pay-TV services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
- Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
- Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
- The overall telecom and pay-TV services revenue in Egypt will grow at a CAGR of 3.1% during the forecast period 2021-2026, to reach $7 billion in 2026.
- Mobile data service revenues will grow at a CAGR of 9.1% over 2021-2026, driven by growth in mobile internet subscriptions and adoption of higher ARPS 4G services on the back of growing usage of data hungry social networking apps and video streaming platforms.
- Fixed broadband service revenue will increase at a CAGR of 8.7% over 2021-2026, supported by ongoing broadband network coverage expansion by the government and subsequent growth in technologies like FTTH/B and fixed wireless lines.
Reasons to Buy
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Egypt's telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying GlobalData's Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Egypt's mobile communications, fixed telephony, and broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Egypt's telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Egypt.