United States of America (USA) Destination Tourism Insight Report including International Arrivals, Domestic Trips, Key Source / Origin Markets, Trends, Tourist Profiles, Spend Analysis, Key Infrastructure Projects and Attractions, Risks and Future Opportunities, 2022 Update
Analysis of destination markets, infrastructure and attractions, main and emerging source markets, as well as risks and opportunities in the United States. This report explores the types of travelers that visit the region as well as a SWOT analysis.
- The United States is commonly regarded as a great road trip location. Prior to the pandemic, 90% of all domestic journeys in the United States were taken by road. Domestic travel by land increased by 1% year on year between 2020 and 2021.
- Brazil is the United States' most significant South American source market (2.1 million foreign visitors before the pandemic in 2019 and 0.14 million in 2020), but there may be further opportunities to attract tourists from Argentina and Colombia.
- California is the most populous and most visited state in the United States. In 2021, the state received 213.5 million total visitors with total tourism spending reaching US$100.2 billion, 69% of 2019 levels.
- The US benefits from a diverse set of tangible and intangible features, attracting both local and foreign visitors. Significant government investment to improve the quality of tourist infrastructure and the environment has allowed the United States to be recognized as one of the most developed tourism destinations in the world.
- This report is part of GlobalData's Destination Market Insights Series. These reports provide an in-depth analysis of a tourist destination and its key source markets, as well as an assessment of the trends and issues in the covered destination market, in this case, the United States.
Reasons to Buy
- Obtain a clear and detailed insight into new developments in a major tourist destination.
- Use data and analysis to explore trends related to international arrivals and spending, tourism segments as well as construction, airlines and hotel developments.
- Gain a better understanding of the opportunities in the market, as well as the risks, to support better business decisions.