GlobalData's Australia Source Tourism Insight Report including International Departures, Domestic Trips, Key Destinations, Trends, Tourist Profiles, Analysis of Consumer Survey Responses, Spend Analysis, Risks and Future Opportunities, 2022 Update report provides a thorough insight into Australia's domestic and outbound tourism market. The report looks at the profiles of Australian tourists and summarizes the key reasons that they travel. The report offers an in-depth analysis of traveler flows, spending patterns, main destination markets, and current and future opportunities for tourism businesses seeking to tap into the Australian outbound travel market.
- The Australian economy was 9.6% larger in the June quarter of 2021 than it was in the same quarter of 2020, breaking the previous record of 9% growth in March 1967
- Australia had 23.3 million internet users in 2021, accounting for 91% of the total population. Between 2011 and 2021, internet users climbed by 31.6%.
- Australian tourists are increasingly interested in visiting Asia-Pacific nations, particularly Thailand. COVID-19 reduced trips to Thailand dramatically (2019: 771 thousand vs 2021: 3.4 thousand).
- With strong Internet connectivity and ongoing mobile innovation, the Australian OTA industry is expected to be worth US$16.4 billion by 2025 (CAGR 21-25: 14.1%).
- This report is part of GlobalData's Source Market Insights Series. This report provides an in-depth analysis of traveler flows, spending patterns, main destination markets, as well as current and future opportunities for tourism businesses seeking to tap into the Australian source market.
Reasons to Buy
- This report provides a clear insight into developments in Australia's domestic and outbound tourism markets. The report uses data and analysis to discuss future trends related to domestic trips, international departures, traveler spending, and main destination markets.
- The report explores the demands of Australian travelers and the reasons that they travel, providing insight into the trends that are emerging in this key source market. The reader gains a strong understanding of the opportunities in this market, as well as the risks, to support better business decisions.
- This report examines the impact of COVID-19 and inflation on Australian outbound and domestic tourism.