Hepatitis B, which is caused by the hepatitis B virus (HBV), is characterized by acute or chronic inflammation of the liver. Researchers and healthcare experts have estimated that roughly two billion people are infected with HBV worldwide, with roughly 600,000 people dying each year from HBV-related liver diseases. While the arrival of recombinant HBsAg vaccines has greatly reduced disease burden over the past two decades, questions surrounding vaccine uptake and effectiveness in adults, particularly in niche patient populations, still remain. GlobalData expects that the growing popularity of pediatric combination vaccines, along with the arrival of vaccines that achieve higher seroconversion rates in high-risk adults, will serve to stimulate growth in the marketplace over the forecast period. Country-specific immunization recommendations and policy implementation will be an essential metric for determining future vaccine uptake in the 7MM (US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, and Japan) and Canada.
Key Questions Answered
- How large an impact will Hexyon and Heplisav have on the HBV vaccine market? What do key opinion leaders think of these vaccines?
- What are the key HBV vaccines for each age segment and country?
- Which HBV vaccines will face adoption challenges in the market? What is the projected uptake of new vaccines, such as Dynavax's Heplisav, over the forecast period?
- The developmental pipeline consists of vaccines that address immunogenicity and coverage rate concerns. Which of these vaccines will attain high sales revenues during 2012-2022 and in which markets?
- What governmental and industry developments are likely to affect the vaccination rates in the markets researched? Which is the largest growth market globally?
- Country-specific immunization recommendations heavily influence HBV vaccine uptake in the pediatric and adult segments of the marketplace.
- The potential impact of Dynavax Technologies' Heplisav on the marketplace will be determined by its level of uptake in at-risk adults targeted for vaccination.
- Major players will leverage their R&D, manufacturing, and distribution networks to maintain their stakes in the market.
- Government endorsements of new and existing vaccines, in particular pediatric combination vaccines and novel adult vaccines, are anticipated to dramatically influence market growth.
- Overview of hepatitis B virus (HBV), including etiology, general symptoms from infection, and country-specific immunization recommendations and vaccination coverage data.
- Annualized HBV vaccine market revenue, annual cost of vaccination and treatment usage pattern data from 2012 and forecast for ten years to 2022.
- Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, unmet needs, clinical trial mapping and implications for the HBV vaccine market.
- Pipeline analysis: comprehensive data split across different phases and emerging trends, specifically Dynavax Technologies' Heplisav and Sanofi Pasteur MSD's Hexyon.
- Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global HBV vaccine market. Insightful review of the key industry and governmental drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
Reasons to buy
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the HBV vaccine market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the global HBV vaccine market in the future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Track drug sales in the global HBV vaccine market from 2012-2022.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.