The global neurovascular interventions market is a vast, double-digit market that consists of innovative and emerging technologies. Rapid advances in the field of neurovascular interventions and development of minimally invasive techniques have greatly expanded the potential of therapeutic applications. The neurovascular interventions market consists of four device segments including embolization, revascularization, mechanicalthrombectomy and access/support devices.
Embolization devices including bare metal and bioactive/coated coils, aneurysm remodeling devices (stents and occlusion balloons), flow diversion devices and liquid embolic agents can be used to treat intracranial aneurysms and arteriovenous malformations (AVMs) and optimize outcomes. Low-profile stent and balloon systems can be used to revascularize plaque burdened arteries in the cerebrovasculature. Mechanical thrombectomy devices including distal and proximal devices and stent retrievers can improve recanalization rates and provide predictable outcomes in the setting of acute ischemic stroke (AIS). In addition, the next generation of access/support devices has been developed to improve navigation, trackability and flexibility as well as provide stable access, especially through tortuous anatomy.
This report focuses on the global neurovascular interventions market in the 10 major markets (10MM) (US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, Japan, China, India, and Brazil) for treating cerebrovascular disease including intracranial aneurysms and AVMs, atherosclerotic disease, and AIS. The global neurovascular interventions market is determined for the 10 countries covered in this report and provides insight into the competitive landscape, the marketed and pipeline products, the current and emerging players and market analysis of the different device segments within the neurointerventional market. The report identifies the unmet needs in the market while providing an understanding of physicians' perceptions and decision-making processes in using neurointerventional devices; this report also evaluates the adoption of various neurointerventional devices in the future.
Key Questions Answered
- The neurovascular interventions market is expected to continue its growth through the forecast period. (Q).What are the primary patient segments, indications and different product offerings in the neurovascular interventions market?
- Endovascular therapy for cerebrovascular applications has seen rapid development in materials research and new techniques for treatment. (Q).What specific technologies/device segments will drive the market ? (Q).What are the future trends and drivers for growth in the market?
- Innovative technologies such as flow diverters and stent retrievers have been developed to treat challenging indications. (Q).Is flow diversion a viable alternative for patients with complex aneurysms? (Q).Will stent retrievers continue to be adopted widely in clinical practice in the future? (Q).Do we see pricing pressure in the neurointerventional devices?
- Stenting and balloon angioplasty is primarily performed in the setting of carotid artery stenosis. (Q).What is the market potential for revascularization devices? (Q).What is the market outlook for endovascular stenting for atherosclerotic disease?
- The top players in this market have developed a broad and comprehensive portfolio of neurointerventional devices for various cerebrovascular indications. (Q).What role do smaller players have in grabbing market share in the different global regions? (Q).Who are the key players in the neurovascular interventional market?
- Overview of cerebrovascular disease, including epidemiology, pathophysiology, symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment guidelines and modalities.
- Annualized total neurovascular interventions market revenue by device segment, annual cost of disease and neurointerventional devices adoption pattern and procedure data from 2011-2013 and forecast for seven years to 2020.
- Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, identification of unmet needs, reimbursement and regulatory considerations, evaluating market access in each region covered in the report, and implications of the neurovascular interventions market.
- Pipeline analysis: Comprehensive data split across different stages of development, emerging trends and device designs in development.
- Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global neurovascular interventions market. Insightful review of the key industry drivers, opportunities, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
Reasons to buy
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global neurovascular interventions market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the global neurovascular interventions market in the future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Track device sales in the global and country-specific neurovascular interventions market from 2011-2020.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.