"Slovakia: Higher ARPS Following Migration to FTTx and 4G Services to Boost Revenue Growth in Telecom Market", a new Country Intelligence Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Slovakia today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2021. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband and mobile sectors, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
In 2016, Slovakia generated total telecom service revenue of $1.6bn (€1.5bn) (or 1.8% of its nominal GDP), an increase of 1.6% over 2015, driven by growth in fixed Internet and mobile data revenue. Mobile data will primarily be the major growth driver through 2021 and is expected grow at a CAGR of 8.0% over 2016-2021, aided by operators' investments in 4G network expansion as well as rising adoption of mobile broadband and M2M services. Operators should focus on fixed-mobile convergence and triple-play and quad-play offerings in order to strengthen their market position. Moreover, investments in 4G and fiber network expansion, rollout of advanced technologies along with the government's initiative to extend broadband coverage will provide significant opportunities for vendors and investors.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following -
- Regional context: telecom market size and trends in Slovakia compared with other countries in the region.
- Economic, demographic and political context in Slovakia.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, number portability and more.
- A demand profile: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice and mobile data.
- Service evolution: a look at changes in the breakdown of overall revenue between the fixed and mobile sectors and between voice and data from 2016 to 2021.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of key trends in competition and in the performance, revenue market shares and expected moves of service providers over the next 18-24 months.
- In-depth sector analysis of fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice and mobile data: a quantitative analysis of service adoption trends by network technology and by operator, as well as of average revenue per line/subscription and service revenue through the end of the forecast period.
- Main opportunities: this section details the near-term opportunities for operators, vendors and investors in Slovakia's telecommunication market.
- The overall telecom service revenue in Slovakia is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 2.7% (1.5% in € terms) during 2016-2021.
- Mobile revenue will account for 72.7% of the overall telecom service revenue in 2021, driven by increasing 4G services adoption.
- In 2017, data will emerge as the largest segment, with its share increasing to 59.3% by 2021, driven by expansion of LTE and LTE-A technologies coupled with attractive data bundled services offered by operators
- The Slovakian telecom market will be dominated by Slovak Telekom, Orange Slovakia and O2 Slovakia, which offer fixed and mobile services. In order to stay competitive and strengthen their market position, operators will continue to focus on 4G coverage expansions, bundled offers, triple- or quad-play offers and M2M services to stay competitive.
Reasons to buy
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Slovakia's telecommunication market, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying GlobalData's Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Slovakia's mobile communications, fixed telephony and broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Slovakia's telecommunication market.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Slovakia.