The Polish wine sector is led by the still wine category and is also forecast to register the fastest growth in both value and volume terms during 2017-2022. Hypermarkets & supermarkets is the leading channel for distribution of wine products in the country. Glass is the most commonly used pack material in the sector, followed by paper & board. 'Ambra S.A.', 'E. & J. Gallo Winery' and 'Bartex-Bartol sp.j.' are the leading players in the Polish wine sector.
GlobalData's Country Profile report on the Wine sector in Poland provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of package materials, category level distribution channel data and market share of brands.
What else is contained?
- Sector data: Overall sector value and volume data with growth analysis for 2012-2022
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for fortified wine, sparkling wine, and still wine with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2017-2022
- Leading players: Market share of brands and private labels in volume terms in 2017
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each category through distribution channels such as food & drinks specialists, hypermarkets & supermarkets, on-trade, e-retailers, convenience stores, department stores, convenience stores, and other general retailers.
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for package materials and pack types in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Pack material data for glass, rigid plastics, rigid metal and others; pack type data for: Bottle and can.
- The per capita consumption of wine was higher in Poland compared to the global level in 2017
- The Polish wine sector is expected to grow at a CAGR of 8.8% by value during 2017-2022
- Still wine is the largest category in both value and volume terms in 2017
- Hypermarkets & supermarkets is the leading distribution channel in the Polish wine sector
- 'Carlo Rossi' brand accounts for 3.4% shares in the Polish wine sector
- Glass is the most commonly used pack material in the Polish wine sector
- Older consumers account for the leading share in the consumption of wine in Poland.
Reasons to buy
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
- The packaging analysis report helps manufacturers, in identifying the most commonly used packaging materials in the sector
- Analysis on key macro-economic indicators such as real GDP, nominal GDP, consumer price index, household consumption expenditure, population (by age group, gender, rurral-urban split, and employed people and unemployment rate. It also includes economic summary of the country along with labor market and demographic trends.