"Wealth in Switzerland: Sizing the Market Opportunity", report analyzes Switzerland's wealth and retail savings and investments markets, with a focus on the HNW segment. The report is based on our proprietary datasets.
Growth continued in the Swiss wealth market, and the country remains a popular destination for offshore investments. However, increasing tax transparency pressures, continued negative interest rates, and global macroeconomic risks will decelerate both resident and non-resident market growth in future years. Wealth managers will need to collaborate closely with clients to maintain revenues in this challenging new reality.
Specifically the report -
- Sizes the affluent market (both by number of individuals and the value of their assets) using GlobalData's proprietary datasets.
- Examines HNW clients' attitudes towards non-liquid asset classes such as property, commodities, and offshore investments.
- Analyzes which asset classes are favored by Swiss investors and how their preferences impact the growth of the overall savings and investments market.
- Evaluates the size of the retail non-resident (offshore) market in Switzerland and foreign investors' preferences.
- At the end of 2017, affluent individuals held 94% of Switzerland's total liquid assets - one of the largest proportions in the world.
- The value of liquid assets held by affluent individuals increased by 5.6% during the year, driven mostly by positive stock market performance boosting mutual funds and equity investments.
- Going forward, lethargic stock market performance and economic growth risks will lead to a decrease in the affluent individual population by 2022.
- With automatic exchange of information now in place Swiss secrecy benefits are reducing, affecting the profitability of the country's private banks.
Reasons to buy
- Benchmark your share of the Swiss wealth market against the market's current size.
- Forecast your future growth prospects using our projections for the market to 2022.
- Identify your most promising client segment by analyzing penetration of affluent individuals in Switzerland.
- Evaluate your HNW proposition by understanding how the ever-changing tax system affects your HNW clients.
- Review your offshore strategy and offering for non-resident investors by learning the dynamics in these markets.