"The Baby Food Market in Germany, 2018", is an analytical report by GlobalData which provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the German market.
German consumers are exceptionally loyal to their favorite baby food brands, and will frequently go to another shop (often a drugmarket) if their supermarket or hypermarket does not offer the brand they are looking for. This is increasingly the case for baby food, as the range of products and brands offered by food outlets has been shrinking, in line with lower birth numbers. The consequent stagnation in demand for many baby food products has ousted some baby food brands from supermarket shelves to make room for products with a higher turnover.
What else does this report offer?
- Consumption data based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing work and our in-house expertise to offer extensive data about the trends and dynamics affecting the industry.
- Detailed profile of the companies operating and new companies considering entry in the industry along with their key focus product sectors.
- Market profile of the various product sectors with the key features & developments, segmentation, per capita trends and the various manufacturers & brands.
- Overview of baby food retailing with a mention of the major retailers in the country along with the distribution channel.
- Future projections considering various trends which are likely to affect the industry.
- German mothers' preference to breastfeed their babies means that the market for baby milk has always favored follow-on formulae, rather than starter formulae.
- Liquid milks have so far failed to gain a significant foothold in Germany. Organic milks have continued to become more popular over the last few years.
- The vast majority of the cereals category consists of cereals with milk, many of them Griess (semolina), with the remainder made up of cereals without milk and a few gruels/flakes.
- The wet meals category is becoming increasingly segmented, with manufacturers developing new packaging formats. Sales of pouches have grown rapidly over the last six years or so, although the segment now appears to have peaked.
Reasons to buy
- Evaluate important changes in consumer behavior and identify profitable markets and areas for product innovation.
- Analyse current and forecast behavior trends in each category to identify the best opportunities to exploit.
- Detailed understanding of consumption by individual product categories in order to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Investigates which categories are performing the best and how this is changing market dynamics.