GlobalData's "Wealth in Belgium: HNW Investors 2017" report analyzes the Belgian investments market, with a focus on the HNW segment. The report is based on our proprietary datasets.
The Belgian private banking space offers an interesting mix between the international and the traditional. Because of Belgium's central location and its position as a hub for international organizations, there is a large expat segment comprised of professionals. At the same time, a vast number of HNW individuals have inherited their wealth and come from established backgrounds, creating a different set of client needs. Equities represent almost half of the typical HNW portfolio, and bonds rank second in HNW holdings. While demand is quite pronounced for all planning services, inheritance planning leads investor demand.
Specifically the report -
- Sizes the affluent market (both by number of individuals and their demographics) using our proprietary datasets.
- Analyzes which asset classes are favored by Belgian investors and how their preferences impact the growth of the total savings and investments market.
- Examines HNW clients' attitudes towards non-liquid investments such as property and commodities.
- Identifies key drivers and booking centers for offshore investments.
- Family business owners and inheritors account for the largest HNW client segments among Belgian HNW investors.
- The largest sources of HNW wealth are manufacturing, IT, and real estate.
- Equities and bonds dominate asset allocations. Belgian HNW individuals also prefer to own equities directly rather than through funds.
- All planning services are in high demand, and this is expected to increase even further. However, particular attention should be given to inheritance planning.
Reasons to buy
- Benchmark your share of the Belgian wealth market against the current market size.
- Forecast your future growth prospects using our projections for the market to 2020.
- Identify your most promising client segment by analyzing the penetration of affluent individuals in Belgium.
- Evaluate your HNW proposition by understanding how the Belgian tax system will impact HNW clients.
- Review your offshore strategy by learning about HNW motivations for offshore investments and their preferred booking centers.