"Kuwait: Launch of New Regulator and Expected Gradual Privatization of Fixed Segment to Drive Telecom Growth" is a new Country Intelligence Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Kuwait today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2021. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, and mobile, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
The telecom service revenue in Kuwait is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 4.5% during 2016-2021, primarily driven by growth in the fixed and mobile data segments. Mobile data will be the largest revenue-contributing segment from 2017 onward, as operators continue to offer data and device bundles and expand LTE/LTE-A networks to cater to the rising data demand. The establishment of the Communications and Information Technology Regulatory Authority (CITRA) in February 2016 and the gradual privatization of the fixed segment will attract greater investments in the fixed market, offering ample opportunities for vendors and investors.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following -
- Regional context: telecom market size and trends in Kuwait compared with other countries in the region.
- Economic, demographic and political context in Kuwait.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, number portability and more.
- A demand profile: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, and mobile data markets.
- Service evolution: a look at changes in the breakdown of overall revenue between the fixed and mobile sectors and between voice, data and video from 2016 to 2021.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of key trends in competition and in the performance, revenue market shares and expected moves of service providers over the next 18-24 months.
- In-depth sector analysis of fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, and mobile data services: a quantitative analysis of service adoption trends by network technology and by operator, as well as of average revenue per line/subscription and service revenue through the end of the forecast period.
- Main opportunities: this section details the near-term opportunities for operators, vendors and investors in Kuwait telecommunications markets.
- The overall telecom service revenue in Kuwait will grow at a CAGR of 4.5% during 2016-2021, mainly driven by growth in the fixed and mobile broadband segments.
- Mobile revenue will account for 86.3% of the total telecom revenue in 2021; mobile data will witness a CAGR of 8.4% during 2016-2021.
- The top two operators, Zain Kuwait and VIVA Kuwait, accounted for 69.7% share of overall service revenue in 2016. We expect competition to intensify as operators focus on innovative offerings and network upgrades to acquire customers. Establishment of new regulator CITRA, with its focus on privatization of fixed-line services, will open investment opportunities in the fixed sector.
- Operators will continue to focus on leveraging the nationwide LTE network to offer M2M services as well as other applications and expansion of 4.5G services.
Reasons to buy
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Kuwait's telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying GlobalData's Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Kuwait's mobile communications, fixed telephony, broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Kuwait's telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Kuwait.