The Russian meat sector is led by the frozen meat category, while cooked meats - counter forecast to register the fastest growth during 2018-2023 in value terms. Hypermarkets & supermarkets is the leading channel for distribution of meat products in the country. Flexible packaging is the most commonly used pack material, while rigid metal is expected to grow the fastest during 2018-2023. 'BRF S.A.', 'MLM Food' and 'Miratorg Agribusiness Holding LLC' are the leading players in the Russian meat sector.
The report "Country Profile: Meat in Russia" provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of package materials, category level distribution channel data and market share of brands.
- The per capita consumption of meat was higher in Russia compared to both the global and regional level in 2018
- Per capita consumption of frozen meat is the highest compared to other meat categories in Russia
- Hypermarkets & supermarkets is the leading distribution channel in the Russian meat sector
- Brasil Foods is the leading brand in both value and volume terms in the Russian meat sector
- Flexible packaging is the most commonly used pack material in the Russian meat sector, followed by rigid plastics and rigid metal.
The Country Profile report on the meat sector in Russia provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of package materials, category level distribution channel data and market share of brands.
What else is contained?
- Sector data: Overall industry value and volume data with growth analysis for 2013-2023.
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for ambient meat, chilled raw packaged meat - processed, chilled raw packaged meat - whole cuts, cooked meats - counter, cooked meats - packaged, fresh meat (counter), and frozen meat with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2018-2023.
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each sector through distribution channels such as cash & carries and warehouse clubs, convenience stores, food & drinks specialists, e-retailers, hypermarkets & supermarkets, and other general retailers.
- Leading players: Market share of brands and private labels in both value and volume terms in 2018.
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for package materials and pack types in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Pack material data for glass, flexible packaging, rigid plastics, rigid metal, paper & board and others; pack type data for: can, film, bottle, tray, tub, bag/sachet, stand up pouch and carton - folding.
Reasons to buy
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
- The packaging analysis report helps manufacturers, in identifying the most commonly used packaging materials in the sector
- Analysis on key macro-economic indicators such as real GDP, nominal GDP, consumer price index, household consumption expenditure, population (by age group, gender, rurral-urban split, and employed people and unemployment rate. It also includes economic summary of the country along with labor market and demographic trends.