GlobalData's "Country Profile: Seasonings, Dressings & Sauces in Singapore", provides insights on high growth markets to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, types and closures category level distribution data and brands market shares.
The Singaporean seasonings, dressings & sauces sector is led by the condiment sauces category in both value and volume terms in 2017, while the 'chutneys & relishes' category is forecast to register the fastest value growth during 2017-2022. Hypermarkets & supermarkets is the leading distribution channel in the country's seasonings, dressings & sauces sector. Rigid plastics is the most commonly used pack material, while paper & board is expected to grow the fastest during 2017-2022. 'Woh Hup Food Industries Pte Ltd', 'Tai Hua Food Industries Pte Ltd' and 'The Kraft Heinz Co' are the leading players in the Singaporean seasonings, dressings & sauces sector.
What else is contained?
- Sector data: Overall sector value and volume data with growth analysis for 2012-2022
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for 'bouillons & stocks', 'chutneys & relishes', condiment sauces, dips, dressings, dry cooking sauces, 'herbs, spices & seasonings', 'tomato pastes and purees', and wet cooking sauces with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2017-2022
- Leading players: Market share of brands (in value and volume terms) and private labels (in value terms) in 2017
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each category through distribution channels such as cash & carries and warehouse clubs , convenience stores, department stores, "dollar stores", variety stores & general merchandise retailers, e-retailers, food & drinks specialists, hypermarkets & supermarkets, and other general retailers
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for package materials and pack types in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Pack material data for glass, flexible packaging, paper & board, rigid plastics, and others; pack type for: jar, bottle, bag/sachet, tub, box, pouch, and tube.
- The per capita consumption of seasonings, dressings & sauces was higher in Singapore compared to the regional level in 2017
- The condiment sauces category is expected to gain maximum market share in volume terms during 2017-2022
- Hypermarkets & supermarkets is the leading distribution channel in the Singaporean seasonings, dressings & sauces sector
- Who Hop is the leading value brand in the Singaporean seasonings, dressings & sauces sector
- Private label penetration is highest in the 'herbs, spices & seasonings' category
- Rigid plastics is the most commonly used pack material in the Singaporean seasonings, dressings & sauces sector
- Consumption of seasonings, dressings & sauces is higher among women compared to men in Singapore.
Reasons to buy
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Manufacturers can identify the opportunities to position products with H&W attributes/benefits
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
- The packaging analysis report helps manufacturers, in identifying the most commonly used packaging materials in the sector
- Analysis on key macro-economic indicators such as real GDP, nominal GDP, consumer price index, household consumption expenditure, population (by age group, gender, rural-urban split, and employed people and unemployment rate. It also includes economic summary of the country along with labor market and demographic trends.