The bakery & cereals sector in the Eastern Europe was the fourth largest market globally with a value share of 7.4% in 2018. It was valued at US$39,267.7 million in 2018 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 1.8% during 2018-2023. Bread & rolls was the largest category in the sector, accounting for 60.1% of overall value sales in the same year. The Eastern European bakery & cereals market was fragmented with the top five companies accounting for just 10.1% of overall value sales in 2018. Food & drink specialists was the leading distribution channel in the region with a total value share of 37%, while flexible packaging was the most commonly used pack material in the sector.
This report brings together multiple data sources to provide a comprehensive overview of the region's bakery & cereals sector. It includes market overview, high growth country analysis, top brands, key distribution channels, packaging formats and case studies.
This report brings together multiple data sources to provide a comprehensive overview of the Eastern Europe bakery & cereals sector. It includes analysis on the following -
- Sector overview: Provides an overview of the sector size, value, and volume growth analysis, across regions.
- Change in consumption: Analysis on the shift in consumption of bakery & cereals products by categories across the key countries in the Eastern Europe region.
- High potential countries: Provides risk-reward analysis of top four high potential countries in the Eastern Europe region based on market assessment, economic development, socio-demographic, governance indicators, and technological infrastructure.
- Country analysis: Provides deep-dive analysis of four high potential countries covering value growth during 2018-2023, key challenges, consumer demographics, and key trends supported with product examples. It also includes analysis of the key challenges faced and future outlook for the region.
- Health & Wellness analysis: Provides insights on the health & wellness products in terms of value and percentage share in the overall bakery & cereals sector during 2013-2023. The analysis includes key health & wellness attributes and consumer benefits driving the sales of bakery & cereals products in the Eastern Europe region, in 2018. It also covers the market share of leading companies offering bakery & cereals with health & wellness attributes in the same year.
- Brand analysis: Provides an overview of leading brands in the Eastern Europe region and analyzes the growth of private label products in the region.
- Key distribution channels: Provides analysis on the leading distribution channels for bakery & cereals across the key countries in the Eastern Europe region, in 2018. It covers six distribution channels: hypermarkets & supermarkets, convenience stores, food & drinks specialists, eRetailers, department stores, cash & carries and warehouse clubs, and others, "dollar stores", variety stores & general merchandise retailers, and other retailers.
- Preferred packaging formats: The report provides percentage share (in 2018) and growth analysis (during 2013-2023) for various package materials, pack types, closure types, and primary outer types based on the volume sales (by pack units) of bakery & cereals.
Reasons to buy
- Manufacturing and retailers seek latest information on how the market is evolving to formulate their sales and marketing strategies. There is also demand for authentic market data with a high level of detail. This report has been created to provide its readers with up-to-date information and analysis to uncover emerging opportunities of growth within the sector in the region.
- The report provides a detailed analysis of the countries in the region, covering the key challenges, competitive landscape and demographic analysis , that can help companies gain insight into the country specific nuances
- The analysts have also placed a significant emphasis on the key trends that drive consumer choice and the future opportunities that can be explored in the region, than can help companies in revenue expansion
- To gain competitive intelligence about leading brands in the sector in the region with information about their market share and growth rates