The UK bakery & cereals sector is led by the bread & rolls category in both value and volume terms, while cereal bars category is expected to register the fastest value growth during 2018-2023. Hypermarkets & supermarkets is the leading channel for distribution of bakery & cereals in the country. Flexible packaging is the most commonly used pack material in the sector, followed by rigid plastics and paper & board. Premier Foods plc, The Kellogg Company, and Yildiz Holding AS are the leading market players in the UK bakery & cereals sector.
GlobalData's Country Profile report on the bakery & cereals sector in the UK provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of package materials, category level distribution channel data and market share of brands.
What else is contained?
- Sector data: Overall sector value and volume data with growth analysis for 2013-2023.
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for baking ingredients, baking mixes, bread & rolls, breakfast cereals, cakes, pastries & sweet pies, cereal bars, cookies (sweet biscuits), dough products, energy bars, morning goods, and savory biscuits with inputs on individual segment share within each sector and the change in their market share forecast for 2018-2023.
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each sector through distribution channels such as cash & carries and warehouse clubs , "dollar stores", variety stores & general merchandise retailers, convenience stores, department stores, drug stores & pharmacies, e-retailers, food & drinks specialists, hypermarkets & supermarkets, vending machines, and other general retailers.
- Leading players: Market share of brands and private labels in both value and volume terms in 2018.
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for package materials and pack types in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Pack material data for glass, flexible packaging, rigid plastics, rigid metal, paper & board and others; pack type data for: bag/sachet, film, carton - folding, wrapper, blister pack, tub, tray, foil and others.
- The per capita consumption of bakery & cereals was higher in the UK compared to the global level in 2018
- Per capita consumption of bread & rolls is higher compared to other bakery & cereals categories in the UK
- Hypermarkets & supermarkets is the leading distribution channel in the UK bakery & cereals sector
- Artisanal producers account for the leading share in the UK bakery & cereals sector
- Private label penetration is the highest in the dough products category
- Private labels are growing at a higher CAGR than brands in the UK bakery & cereals sector
- Flexible packaging is the most commonly used pack material in the UK bakery & cereals sector.
Reasons to buy
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
- The packaging analysis report helps manufacturers, in identifying the most commonly used packaging materials in the sector
- Analysis on key macro-economic indicators such as real GDP, nominal GDP, consumer price index, household consumption expenditure, population (by age group, gender, rurral-urban split, and employed people and unemployment rate. It also includes economic summary of the country along with labor market and demographic trends.