The Indian dairy & soy food sector is led by the milk category in both value and volume terms in 2018. The cheese category is expected to register the fastest volume growth during 2018-2023. Convenience stores is the leading channel for the distribution of dairy & soy food products in the country. Health & wellness attributes such as 'naturally healthy' and consumer benefits such as 'general wellbeing' are expected to contribute the most to the growth of the health & wellness market. Gujarat Cooperative Milk Marketing Federation Ltd. (GCMMF), Mother Dairy Fruit & Vegetable Pvt. Ltd. and Karnataka Co-Operative Milk Producers` Federation Ltd. are the top three companies in the sector.
GlobalData's Country Profile report on the Dairy & soy food sector in India provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of package materials, category level distribution channel data and market share of brands.
- The Indian dairy & soy food sector is expected to grow at a CAGR of 8.5% by value during 2018-2023
- Milk is the largest category in both value and volume terms in the Indian dairy & soy food sector
- The cheese category is expected to register the fastest volume growth during 2018-2023.
- Convenience stores is the largest distribution channel
- Gujarat Cooperative Milk Marketing Federation Ltd. (GCMMF), Mother Dairy Fruit & Vegetable Pvt. Ltd. and Karnataka Co-Operative Milk Producers` Federation Ltd. are the top three companies in the sector.
- Flexible packaging is the most commonly used pack material in the Indian dairy & soy food sector
Reasons to buy
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
- The packaging analysis report helps manufacturers, in identifying the most commonly used packaging materials in the sector
- Analysis on key macro-economic indicators such as real GDP, nominal GDP, consumer price index, household consumption expenditure, population (by age group, gender, rurral-urban split, and employed people and unemployment rate. It also includes economic summary of the country along with labor market and demographic trends.