"Brazil: Country Intelligence Report", a new Country Intelligence Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Brazil today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2023. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile and pay-TV segments, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
Total telecommunications and pay-tv services revenue is estimated to reach $40.6 billion (R$131.8 billion) in 2018 up by 0.6% (2.4% in R$) over 2017. The total revenue is set to remain flat, reflecting a CAGR of 0.02% (2% in R$) over 2018-2023. Mobile data and fixed broadband will be key segments driving growth in total market over next five years.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following -
- Demographic and macroeconomic context in Brazil.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation and more.
- Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data, and pay-TV markets.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom and pay-TV services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
- Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
- Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
- Mobile data and fixed broadband will see the biggest revenue increases over the next five years, a combined $4.3 billion lift between 2018 and 2023.
- While currently a major revenue contributor, mobile voice market will see its revenue decline by huge margin due to growing consumer migration towards OTT based communication solutions and inclusion of free calling offers in bundled plans by operators.
- With Vivo engaged on 5G trials and the auction of 3.5GHz spectrum band scheduled for 2018, we expect commercial 5G service launch by 2022.
Reasons to buy
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Brazil's telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying GlobalData's Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Brazil's mobile communications, fixed telephony, broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Brazil's telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Brazil.