The Finnish confectionery sector is led by the sugar confectionery category in both value and volume terms in 2017. The gum category is forecast to register the fastest growth in both value and volume terms during 2017-2022. Hypermarkets & supermarkets is the leading distribution channel for confectionery in Finland. Flexible packaging is the most commonly used pack material, while rigid plastics is expected to register the fastest growth during 2017-2022. Karl Fazer, Tyrkisk Peber, Lakerol are the leading brands in the Finnish confectionery sector.
GlobalData's Country Profile report on the confectionery sector in Finland provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of package materials, category level distribution channel data and market share of brands.
What else is contained?
- Sector data: Overall sector value and volume data with growth analysis for 2012-2022
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for chocolate, gum and sugar confectionery with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2017-2022
- Leading players: Market share of brands and private labels in value terms in 2017
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each category through distribution channels such as cash & carries and warehouse clubs, hypermarkets & supermarkets, convenience stores, food & drinks specialists, e-retailers, vending machine, department stores, and others
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for package materials and pack types in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Pack material data for flexible packaging, paper & board, rigid plastics, rigid metal and others; pack type data for: Film, tray, can, stand up pouch, foil, wrapper, blister pack, carton-folding, tub, and bag/sachet.
- The per capita consumption of confectionery was higher in Finland compared to both the global and regional levels in 2017
- The gum category is expected to gain market share in value terms during 2017-2022
- Hypermarkets & supermarkets is the leading distribution channel in the Finnish confectionery sector
- Karl Fazer account for the leading share in the Finnish confectionery sector
- Private label penetration is highest in the sugar confectionery category
- Flexible packaging is the most commonly used pack material in the Finnish confectionery sector
- Older consumers account for the leading share in the consumption of confectionery in Finland.
Reasons to buy
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Manufacturers can identify the opportunities to position products with H&W attributes/benefits
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
- The packaging analysis report helps manufacturers, in identifying the most commonly used packaging materials in the sector
- Analysis on key macro-economic indicators such as real GDP, nominal GDP, consumer price index, household consumption expenditure, population (by age group, gender, rurral-urban split, and employed people and unemployment rate. It also includes economic summary of the country along with labor market and demographic trends.