"Thailand: Country Intelligence Report", a new Country Intelligence Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Thailand today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2023. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile, and pay-TV segments, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
GlobalData expects Thailand's total telecommunications and pay-TV services revenue to reach $13.3 billion in 2018. The total revenue will increase to $15 billion by 2023, supported by mobile data and fixed broadband segments. Fixed broadband will be the fastest growing segment, led by stong growth in FTTH segment and the government's Rural Broadband initiative aimed at improving the overall broadband penetration level. Mobile data revenue will be driven by steady growth in smartphone subscriptions and growing adoption of 4G services.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following -
- Demographic and macroeconomic context in Thailand.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation, and more.
- Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data, and pay-TV markets.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom and pay-TV services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
- Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
- Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
- The total revenue of the telecom and pay-TV services markets in Thailand is set to grow at a 2.3% CAGR over 2018-2023. Mobile data, pay-TV, and fixed broadband will be key segments driving growth in the total market over the next five years.
- Fixed broadband segment will register the fastest revenue growth at a 8.3% CAGR over 2018-2023.
- Mobile data revenue will increase at a CAGR 4.4% over 2018-2023, led mainly by overall increase in data usage as 4G adoption continues to grow quickly. 4G subscriptions will grow at a CAGR 11.0% over 2018-2023.
- Despite the projected subscription growth in Pay-TV segment, pay-TV revenue will increase only marginally at a CAGR of 0.7% due to steady decline in ARPU over 2018-2023.
Reasons to buy
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Thailand's telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying GlobalData's Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Thailand's mobile communications, fixed telephony, broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Thailand's telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Thailand.