Jordan's telecom service market will grow from $1.2 billion in 2018 to $1.8 billion by 2023 at a CAGR of 9.6% over 2018-2023 primarily driven by growth in the mobile voice and data, as well as fixed voice and broadband segments. Mobile voice was the largest revenue-contributing segment in 2018. While mobile data will be the fastest-growing revenue segment expanding at a CAGR of 17.8% over 2018-2023 driven by steady rise in smartphone subscriptions and growing adoption of 4G services.
Government's multiple initiatives for expanding broadband network coverage and operators investing in fiber network deployment to provide opportunities for investors and equipment vendors. The proliferation of smartphones and 4G coverage expansion will offer operators an opportunities to further monetize increasing mobile data usage.
The report "Jordan: Country Intelligence Report", provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Jordan today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2023. It also provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, and mobile, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
The report provides an in-depth analysis of the following -
- Demographic and macroeconomic context in Jordan
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation, and more
- Telecom services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, and mobile data markets
- The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom services market as well as subscription market shares across segments
- Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications markets
- Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook
Companies mentioned: Zain Jordan, Orange Jordan, Umniah, EQUIIS Technologies
- The overall telecom service revenue in Jordan will grow at a CAGR of 9.6% during 2018-2023.
- Mobile revenue will account for 78.2% of the total service revenue in 2023, led by projected growth in 4G subscriptions.
- Fixed broadband revenue will grow from $124.1 million in 2018 to $232.9 million by 2023 driven by rising adoption of FTTx services, backed by government-backed nationwide fiber-optic network expansion and operators' focus on enhancing their FTTH service coverage.
- Zain Jordan leads Jordan's mobile market in terms of mobile subscriptions for 2018, followed by Umniah and Orange Jordan. Zain will maintain its leadership in the mobile services market through the forecast period thanks to popular unlmited prepaid bundled plans and discount offers.
Reasons to buy
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Jordan's telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying GlobalData's Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Jordan's mobile communications, fixed telephony, broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Jordan's telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Jordan.