Jordan's population of 8.7m as of 2017 makes it the 39th most populated country in the Africa and Middle East (AME) region. The EIU expects Jordan's population to increase at a CAGR of 2.7% over the 2017-2022 period to reach 10.0m by the end of 2022.
Total telecommunications service revenue in Jordan will grow from $1.2bn in 2017 to $1.5bn in 2022. This growth will be at a CAGR of 5.5%, primarily driven by growth in mobile data and fixed broadband segments.
Fixed voice revenue will decline marginally, from around $176m in 2017 to $174m by 2022, due to higher preference for mobile communications. Meanwhile, mobile voice revenue will grow at a CAGR of about 1.3% as users shift to OTT-based communications.
Mobile data revenue will grow at the fastest rate, from about $279m in 2017 to over $525m by 2022, driven by a steady rise in smartphone subscriptions, projected rise in adoption of connected devices and growing 3G/4G adoption. Orange's ongoing LTE-A rollout will also drive mobile data revenue moving forward.
Fixed broadband revenue will grow from $117m in 2017 to $207m by 2022 driven by steady rise in DSL subscriptions and ongoing expansion of FTTx services by operators such as Orange and Umniah. Fiber broadband services will also benefit from the government's national broadband plan.
The report "Jordan: Country Intelligence Report", provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Jordan today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2022.
Moreover, this report provides the following -
- Demographic and macroeconomic context in Jordan.
- The regulatory environment and trends: A review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation and more.
- Telecom services market outlook: Analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, and mobile data markets.
- The competitive landscape: An examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
- Company snapshots: Analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications markets.
- Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
Companies mentioned in this report: Zain Jordan, Orange Jordan, Umniah
- The overall telecom service revenue in Jordan will grow at a CAGR of 5.5% during 2017-2022.
- Mobile revenue will account for 75.0% of the total service revenue in 2022, led by growing 3G/4G subscriptions.
- Fixed broadband revenue will grow from $117.2m in 2017 to $207.5m by 2022 driven by steady rise in DSL subscriptions and ongoing expansion of FTTH services by operators such as Orange and Umniah.
- Zain Jordan leads Jordan's mobile market in terms of mobile subscriptions for 2017, followed by Orange Jordan.
- Zain will maintain its leadership in the mobile services market through the forecast period thanks to its 4G services and bundled plans offering unlimited calling and data limits ranging from 6GB to 21GB.
Reasons to buy
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Jordan's telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying GlobalData's Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Jordan's mobile communications, fixed telephony, broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Jordan's telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Jordan.