Total telecom and pay-TV service revenue will decline marginally from $1.08bn in 2018 to $1.06bn in 2023, a five-year CAGR of -0.3% In local currency, however, total service revenue will increase from L25.6bn in 2018 to L31.1bn by 2023, a five-year CAGR of 3.9%. Fixed broadband revenue will increase from $79m in 2018 to $128m in 2023, at the fastest five-year CAGR of 10.0%, supported by subscription growth in HFC and FTH/B segments.
Mobile data will become the largest revenue contributor by 2023-end, accounting for 40.8% of the total telecoms and pay-TV revenue in the country. Mobile data revenue will increase from $315 in 2018 to $445m in 2023, a five-year CAGR of 7.2%, driven by rising smartphone penetration, rising consumption of data and increasing mobile broadband subscriptions.
The report ""Honduras: Country Intelligence Report"", provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Honduras today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2023. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile and pay-TV segments, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
The report "Honduras: Country Intelligence Report" in-depth analysis of the following -
- Demographic and macroeconomic context in Honduras
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation and more
- Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data and pay-TV markets
- The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom and pay-TV services market as well as subscription market shares across segments
- Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications and pay-TV markets
- Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook
Companies mentioned: Tigo Honduras, Claro Honduras, Hondutel, Multifon, Multidata, Sky Honduras
- Total telecom and pay-TV services revenue, when valued in US$, will decline marginally at a CAGR of -0.3% over 2018-2023, reaching $1,063m by the end of 2023.
- Fixed broadband revenue will increase at the fastest CAGR of 10.0% (14.7% in L) over 2018-2023.
- 3G will be the most adopted mobile technology across the 2018-2023 period.
- Private telecom operators Tigo and Claro dominate the mobile services segment in Honduras, accounting for a combined subscription market share of 99.8% in 2018.
Reasons to buy
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Honduras's telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying GlobalData's Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Honduras's mobile communications, fixed telephony, broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Honduras's telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Honduras."