The Canadian syrups & spreads sector is led by the sweet spreads category in both value and volume terms in 2018, while the molasses category is expected to register fastest value and volume growth during 2018-2023. Hypermarkets & supermarket is the leading channel for distribution of syrups & spreads in the country. Glass is the most commonly used pack material in the sector, followed by rigid plastics and rigid metal. The J.M. Smucker Company, E.D. Smith Foods Ltd. and Mondelez International, Inc are the leading market players in the Canadian syrups & spreads sector.
GlobalData's Country Profile report on the Syrups & Spreads sector in Canada provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of package materials, category level distribution channel data and market share of brands.
- The per capita consumption of syrups & spreads was higher in Canada compared to global level in 2018
- The sweet spreads category is expected to gain maximum market share in value terms during 2018-2023
- Per capita consumption of sweet spreads was higher compared to other syrups & spreads categories in Canada
- Hypermarkets & supermarkets is the leading distribution channel in the Canadian syrups & spreads sector
- The J.M. Smucker Company is the leading company in the syrups & spreads sector
- Private label penetration is the highest in the sweet spreads category
- Glass is the most commonly used pack material in the Canadian syrups & spreads sector
Reasons to buy
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
- The packaging analysis report helps manufacturers, in identifying the most commonly used packaging materials in the sector
- Analysis on key macro-economic indicators such as real GDP, nominal GDP, consumer price index, household consumption expenditure, population (by age group, gender, rurral-urban split, and employed people and unemployment rate. It also includes economic summary of the country along with labor market and demographic trends.