The UK syrups & spreads sector is led by the savory spreads category in value terms, while jams, jellies & preserves category is forecast to register the fastest growth during 2018-2023 in value terms. Hypermarkets & supermarkets is the leading distribution channel in the country. Glass is the most commonly used pack material, followed by rigid plastics and flexible packaging in 2018. Hain Celestial Group Inc, Unilever and Princes Limited are the leading players in the UK syrups & spreads sector.
GlobalData's Country Profile report on the Syrups & Spreads sector in the UK provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of package materials, category level distribution channel data and market share of brands.
- The UK syrups & spreads sector is expected to grow at a CAGR of 3.4% by value during 2018-2023
- The UK consumers prefer premium products in the syrups & spreads sector
- Per capita consumption of jams, jellies & preserves was higher compared to other syrups & spreads categories in the UK
- Hypermarkets & supermarkets is the leading distribution channel in the UK syrups & spreads sector
- The Hain Celestial Group Inc is the leading company in the syrups & spreads sector
- The health & wellness market is led by the sweet spreads category in the UK syrups & spreads sector
- Glass is the most commonly used pack material in the UK syrups & spreads sector
Reasons to buy
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
- The packaging analysis report helps manufacturers, in identifying the most commonly used packaging materials in the sector
- Analysis on key macro-economic indicators such as real GDP, nominal GDP, consumer price index, household consumption expenditure, population (by age group, gender, rurral-urban split, and employed people and unemployment rate. It also includes economic summary of the country along with labor market and demographic trends.