Bahrain's telecom service market will increase from $732.7 million in 2018 to $1.2 billion by the end of 2023 at a CAGR of 11.6%, mainly driven by mobile data, mobile voice, and fixed broadband segments. Mobile data was the largest revenue-contributing segment in 2018. It will expand at the fastest CAGR of 20.4% over 2018-2023, reaching $680.3 million by 2023. This is driven by growing consumption of online videos and social media applications on mobile devices in line with rising mobile Internet subscriptions and expanding 4G/LTE-A network.
The report "Bahrain: Country Intelligence Report", provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Bahrain today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2023. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, and mobile segments, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
The report provides in-depth analysis of the following -
- Demographic and macroeconomic context in Bahrain
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation, and more
- Telecom services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, and mobile data markets
- The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom services market as well as subscription market shares across segments
- Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications markets
- Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook
Companies mentioned: Batelco, Viva Bahrain, Zain Bahrain, Kalaam Telecom, FutureTec, Huawei, Ericsson, Mena Telecom, TRA
- The overall telecom service revenue in Bahrain will grow at a CAGR of 11.6% during 2018-2023.
- Mobile services revenue will account for 73.7% of total telecom service revenue in 2023, driven by increasing adoption of 4G services.
- Batelco leads Bahrain's mobile market in terms of mobile subscriptions for 2018, followed by Zain Bahrain and Viva Bahrain. Aiming to consolidate its leading market position, Batelco is focusing on network expansions/upgrades and competitively priced offers.
Reasons to buy
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Bahrain's telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying GlobalData's Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Bahrain's mobile communications, fixed telephony, broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Bahrain's telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors, and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Bahrain.