"Mobile Broadband Trends in Africa & Middle East", a new Telecom Insider Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the mobile broadband market in Africa & Middle East (AME). It delivers quantitative and qualitative insights into the mobile market, analyzing key trends and growth drivers in the region.
In AME, mobile services revenue growth will be driven by a continuous expansion in mobile subscriptions penetration of the population and in mobile data usage over 2017-2022.The region will record important growth in cellular M2M/IoT subscriptions driven by a number of vertically-focused M2M/IoT applications. Over the forecast period, operators will continue to focus on 4G coverage expansion, network evolution to 5G (i selected markets), mobile data monetization and IoT/M2M portfolio expansion. AME telecoms market will provide significant opportunities for vendors and investors in the coming years.
It provides in-depth analysis of the following -
- Section 1: Africa & Middle East in a global context: This section provides a comparison of AME's macro-economic KPIs, mobile telecoms market size and trends with other regions.
- Section 2: Competitive dynamics: This section analyses the competitive dynamics that have been shaping the AME mobile markets over the past four years, including MNO and MVNO market entries, market exits, MVNOs market expansion, consolidation and M&As activities.
- Section 3: Mobile broadband subscription trends in AME: Provides analysis, historical figures and forecasts of the mobile subscriptions and usage trends in the region as well as their growth drivers. It includes an overview of the evolution trend and growth drivers of mobile users, subscriptions by mobile generation (2G, 3G, 4G, 5G), subscriptions by by device type (smartphone, feature phone, connected data devices and M2M/IoT) and data usage by payment type. It also provides a list of the expected 5G network launches in the region.
- Section 4: Mobile Broadband revenue trends in AME: Examines changes in the breakdown of overall revenue and ARPU over 2017-2022. - Section 5: Key findings: it consists of a summary of key findings and growth opportunities for the AME mobile broadband market.
- Market consolidation and M&As have intensified in a number of countries, with more than three mobile players.
- Data usage in AME is booming and globaldata expects average data usage to more than double between 2017 and 2022; Kuwait and Bahrain are already witnessing a high mobile data usage already largely above the expected 2022 AME monthly average of 4.6GB.
- 5G will account for a small share of total AME mobile subscriptions in 2022; 3G will still be the leading technology, slightly ahead of 4G which share will more than double in 2017-2022.
Reasons to buy
- This Insider Report provides a comprehensive examination through forward-looking analysis of AME's mobile telecommunications markets trends in a concise anlytical format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying GlobalData's Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in AME's mobile telecommunications markets.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive actionable insights will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players better position to seize the growth opportunities in AME's evolving telecommunications market.