Total telecommunications and pay-TV services revenue in Colombia will increase from $7.9 billion in 2018 to $8.4 billion by year-end 2023, at a five-year CAGR of 1.3%. Growth will by supported by mobile data, fixed broadband, and pay-TV segments.
Mobile data revenue will increase from $1.7 billion in 2018 to $2.3 billion in 2023, at a CAGR of 6.7%, led by steady growth in smartphone subscriptions, growing data traffic over video, social media and other web browsing platforms, and the proliferation of high-speed LTE/LTE-A networks in the country.
Key findings -
- With 60.8 million mobile subscriptions at the end of 2018, Colombia accounted for about 8.5% of total mobile subscriptions in the Latin America
- Smartphone subscriptions reached 25.8 million in 2018 and will increase to 41.2 million or a majority 64.6% share of total handset subscriptions estimated for 2023
- At year-end 2018, 3G represented the leading mobile service technology, accounting for 58.2% of total mobile subscriptions. We expect that 4G will become leading service technology in 2022 and account for 52.7% of total subscriptions in 2023
The report "Colombia: Country Intelligence Report" provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Colombia today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2023. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile and pay-TV segments, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
The report "Colombia: Country Intelligence Report" provides in-depth analysis of the following -
- Demographic and macroeconomic context in Colombia
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation, and more
- Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data, and pay-TV markets
- The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom and pay-TV services market as well as subscription market shares across segments
- Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications and pay-TV markets
- Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook
- With 60.8 million mobile subscriptions at the end of 2018, Colombia accounted for about 8.5% of total mobile subscriptions in the Latin America.
- Smartphone subscriptions reached 25.8 million in 2018 and will increase to 41.2 million or a majority 64.6% share of total handset subscriptions estimated for 2023.
- At year-end 2018, 3G represented the leading mobile service technology, accounting for 58.2% of total mobile subscriptions. We expect that 4G will become leading service technology in 2022 and account for 52.7% of total subscriptions in 2023.
Reasons to buy
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Colombia's telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies
- Accompanying forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Colombia's mobile communications, fixed telephony, and broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Colombia's telecommunications markets
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors, and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Colombia
Companies mentioned - Tigo, Movistar Colombia, Claro Colombia, ETB, Virgin Mobile, Avantel, DIRECTV