The "Father's Day in the UK, 2018", report forms part of GlobalData's Retail Occasions series, and offers a comprehensive insight into the consumer dynamics and spending habits of British consumers for Father's Day. The report analyses the market, the major players, the main trends, and consumer attitudes.
More consumers bought into Father's Day in 2018, with overall penetration up 3.4ppts to 51.4%. While this is still lower than the percentage of consumers that spent on Mother's Day - 63.6%, it highlights that there is a growing demand for this occasion.
- A greater percentage of UK consumers participated in Father's Day in 2018, with more shoppers spending on both retail products (50.0% versus 47.0% last year) and leisure activities (9.5% versus 7.1% last year).
- Although less consumers purchased food and drink overall for Father's Day this year as fewer people cooked meals from scratch, a greater proportion of Father's Day shoppers bought alcohol for the occasion.
- With value for money, low prices and convenience being the three of the top four key drivers of retailer choice it is no surprise that the grocers and Amazon remained the main retailers used for gift purchases.
Reasons to buy
- Using our in-depth consumer insight to learn which areas within Father's Day shopping are most important to ensure that product offerings are catering to the needs and wants of customers.
- Understand what drives consumers to use a retailer for their purchases, such as convenience, value for money and delivery options in order to maximise sales potential.
- Use our in-depth analysis of the leading retailers for the Father's Day occasion in order to understand how to appeal shoppers and maximise market share.