"China: Country Intelligence Report", a new Country Intelligence Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in China today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2023. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile and pay-TV segments, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
Telecom service revenue growth in China over 2018-2023 will be driven by the mobile data, fixed broadband, fixed voice and pay-TV segments. Mobile data will be the largest revenue-contributing segment over 2018-2023, driven by rising consumption of online content over mobile devices, in line with rapid proliferation of smartphones and widespread 4G networks, and proposed launch of 5G services by 2020. Going forward, operators will focus on data-centric services and invest in 5G and FTTH deployments to boost broadband penetration in the country, which will provide significant opportunities for vendors and investors in the coming years. Pay-TV revenue will witness an increasing trend primarily driven by rising adoption of IPTV services.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following -
- Demographic and macroeconomic context in China.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation and more.
- Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data and pay-TV markets.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom and pay-TV services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
- Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
- Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
- Overall telecom service revenue in China will grow at a CAGR of 5.3% in terms of US$ (4.8% in local currency) during 2018-2023.
- Mobile revenue will account for 63.7% of total telecom revenue in 2023, driven by increasing adoption of mobile broadband and 4G services.
- 4G will be the most adopted mobile technology over the 2018-2023 period. Rising demand for high-speed data services and nationwide LTE network expansion will drive subscriber growth. We expect 5G to be commercially available by 2020.
- The top two mobile operators, China Mobile and China Unicom, will account for 79% share of overall mobile subscriptions in 2018. We expect the competition to intensify further as all three operators are focusing on LTE-A network upgrades and offering data-centric services.
Reasons to buy
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of China's telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying GlobalData's Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in China's mobile communications, fixed telephony and broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in China's telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in China.