"Digital Landscape: Type 2 Diabetes", analyzes digital activities undertaken by pharmaindustry in support of therapies for Type 2 Diabetes (T2D).
- The report includes digital activities directed towards patients and/or HCPs
- The geographic scope of the report is the United States, EUCAN (Canada and the 5EU countries - UK, Germany, France, Italy & Spain)
- The main focus of the report is DPP-4 inhibitors, SGLT-2 inhibitors and GLP-1 agonists
- US Patients: Good support for US T2D patients across channels, particularly from Novo Nordisk, Merck, BI / Lilly and AstraZeneca. Updates seen in the branded space in 2017, with activity detected in the T2D / CV unbranded space from Novo Nordisk and BI / Lilly. Overall lack of diabetes-specific mobile apps from pharma, however Novo Nordisk and Roche were active in 2017. Increasing number of partnerships between pharma and technology companies could lead to future innovation in diabetes management.
- US HCPs: Limited support for US HCPs beyond brand sites, with activity seen from many companies across the branded landscape in 2017. J&J provides the best unbranded and social media support to HCPs. Pharma-sponsored mobile app support is limited, with a number of companies sponsoring non-pharma offerings, including AstraZeneca and BI / Lilly. Novo Nordisk entered the HCP mobile app space in late 2017.
- EUCAN Patients: Lilly provides strong branded support for Trulicity patients across Europe with multi-country, local-language sites and a mobile app. Sanofi has the most unbranded sites across EUCAN, and has the strongest examples of social media support in Canada. No pharma-sponsored social media accounts detected in Germany or the UK.
- EUCAN HCPs: Sparse digital landscape for EUCAN HCPs. Lilly and Sanofi have brand content on corporate diabetes sites in Germany and the UK. Few HCP-directed unbranded sites were detected from pharma, with Sanofi's offering in France providing the best support features. Limited social media activity beyond corporate accounts, and all pharma-sponsored mobile apps were detected in Spain.
- Companies Mentioned: Novo Nordisk, Merck / MSD, Sanofi, AstraZeneca, BoehringerIngelheim, Eli Lilly, J&J / Janssen, Takeda, GSK, Roche, Bayer.
- This report analyzes digital activities undertaken by Pharma in support of therapies for Type 2 Diabetes (T2D), with a focus on DPP-4 inhibitors, SGLT-2 inhibitors and GLP-1 agonists.
- The report includes digital activities directed towards patients and/or HCPs, including branded websites, unbranded disease awareness initiatives, social media and mobile apps.
- The report is based on analysis conducted by a combination of GlobalData's digital and disease-specific teams. It also includes analysis of data licensed from third parties e.g. website traffic, search engine optimization (SEO), digital display advertising, mobile app downloads, and social media interaction.
- The geographic scope of the report is the United States, Canada and the 5EU (UK, Germany, France, Italy & Spain), with EUCAN used as an abbreviation for Europe and Canada throughout.
- This report covers the research period from January - December 2017.
Reasons to buy
- Our Digital Landscape report provides an analysis of Pharma multichannel activity in the digital T2D space, and can assist our Pharma clients derive value in a number of ways:
- Competitive Intelligence: Track and compare key competitor activity across channels and identify key trends in T2D
- Digital Strategy: Strengthen corporate digital excellence, learn from industry best practice, and identify opportunities for novel digital campaigns
- Support new brand launch: See best practice examples of pre- and post-launch digital activities, ascertain must-have digital assets for patient and HCP engagement, and assess potential gaps and opportunities for pipeline brands
- Business Development & Licensing: Assess topics and trends shaping digital health in T2D and beyond, and learn about key patient and physician online activities in T2D.