"Top Growth Opportunities: Dairy & Soy Food in Canada", report provides an overview of the sector, analyzing market data, demographic consumption patterns within the category, and the key consumer trends driving consumption. The report highlights top growth opportunities for the dairy sector in Canada and outlines new product development that effectively targets the most pertinent consumer need states, and offers strategic recommendations to capitalize on evolving consumer landscapes.
The report identifies the key demographic groups driving consumption, and what motivates their consumption. When combined with an in-depth study of market and category dynamics, readers are able to identify key opportunities, and what they need to do in order to target them. The report uses a unique method of quantifying consumer trends to highlight the degree of influence they have on consumption within the category. The report also identifies the most important trends within the market and shows whether beliefs over what influences consumer behavior within the category are accurate.
Get access to -
- Key consumer demographic groups driving consumption within the Canadian market. The figures showcase the number of times consumers of specific ages and gender consume dairy products, as well as identifying whether these demographic groups "over" consume in the category (i.e. they account for a higher proportion of occasions than the proportion of society they represent overall)
- A study of market value and volumes over 2012-2017 for Canada, supplemented with category, brand and packaging analysis that shows the current state of the market, and how it will evolve over the 2017-2022 period
- The degree of influence that the 20 key consumer trends identified by GlobalData have on Confectionery consumption volumes, with granular analysis on the extent that degree of influences varies between gender and age group
- Insight into the implications behind the data, and analysis of how the consumer needs will evolve in the short-to-medium term future
- Examples of international and Sweden-specific product innovation targeting key consumer needs.
- The Canadian dairy & soy food market declined during 2012-17 as result of macroeconomic headwinds that impacted consumption and the change in consumers' habits, which reduced demand in the top product categories.
- The Canadian dairy & soy food market is led by the milk category in value terms.
- Private labels have captured a significant market share only in the butter & spreadable fats, cream, and yogurt categories.
- "Reduced fat" is the main driver of health & wellness concerns in the market.
Reasons to buy:
- This report brings together consumer analysis and market data to provide actionable insight into the behavior of Canadian dairy consumers.
- This is based on GlobalData's unique consumer data, developed from extensive consumption surveys and consumer group tracking, which quantifies the influence of 20 consumption motivations in the dairy sector.
- Category, brand, and packaging dynamics are also examined. This allows product and marketing strategies to be better aligned with the leading trends in the market.