"SVoD Market Trends and Opportunities in Asia-Pacific", a new Telecom Insider Report by GlobalData offers a thorough study of the over-the-top (OTT) SVoD video market in the APAC region. The report analyzes different OTT video service providers operating in the region on various parameters such as content offerings, pricing, key trends, challenges and opportunities.
APAC markets vary significantly different in terms of demographic composition, income levels, and telecom infrastructure development. SVoD is still in its infancy in many APAC markets, while it is nearing maturity in others. However, as a whole the APAC SVoD market is is expected to grow relatively fast due to growing portfolios of local and foreign content, improving mobile and fixed broadband, increasing smartphone adoption and bundled mobile/SVoD telco offers. Increasingly SVoD players have opted to partner with telecom and media operators to acquire new subscribers, access new content more readily and avoid billing problems such as low bank account penetration. The larget market players in APAC come from China, with Tencent Video in the lead. Outside of China, international players like Netflix and Amazon are popular as well as regional players like iFlix and Viu.
The report consists of following sections -
- Asia-Pacific in a global context: This section provides a general analysis of the demographics, internet users, broadband lines, mobile broadband accounts, and the pay-TV market in APAC in comparison to other global regions.
- The video market in Asia-Pacific: This section examines more specifically the region's pay-TV video market and SVoD video market trends in APAC.
- Country profiles: two country profiles are presented, illustrating the state of the SVoD market, current trends and market dynamics of the leading OTT service providers in the countries.
- Key findings and recommendations: It consists of a summary of key findings and a set of recommendations for telecom operators, OTT players and regulators.
- The OTT SVoD market in APAC is diverse with strong regional players such as iFlix, Viu, and Hooq, which also face competition from large international players such as Netflix and Amazon. Further dominant single market players like Tencent Video in China and Hotstar in India are also key players in the APAC OTT landscape.
- APAC is expected to produce high SVoD growth despite several key challenges of relatively low fixed broadband penetration and low income in many of its markets. Core growth drivers affecting SVoD adoption in APAC are large portfolios of both local and foreign content, combined with original content and exclusive rights to streams of sporting events.
- An increasing number of SVoD providers are partnering with media, telecom and pay-TV operators to drive subscriber penetration through cross sell, enable easier content acquisition and help customers pay through carrier billing for markets with low debit and credit card penetration.
Reasons to buy
- Offers a comprehensive and detailed understanding of over-the-top video (OTT) SVoD video market in the APAC markets.
- The report investigates OTT video market and pay-TV trends, market overview, looking in particular at the various challenges and opportunities facing them, with examples from OTT providers in the region.
- The report discusses the state of the SVoD market, current trends and market dynamics of the leading OTT service providers in two countries. Key findings and recommendations are presented for the APAC markets.
- Boasts of high presentation quality that allows it to be turned into presentable material immediately, for the executive-level audience.