"India: Country Intelligence Report", a new Country Intelligence Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in India today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2023. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile and pay-TV markets, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
The intense competition among the operators in mobile segments has led to non terminating price wars, putting pressure on the overall revenue growth. Furthermore, the competion has fuelled market consolidation in the wireless segment, as witnessed through the major M&A activity in the industry. Going forward, we expect the competiton to intensify further as all the major operators shift their focus to data centric services and LTE network expansion.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following -
- Demographic and macroeconomic context in India.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation and more.
- Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data and pay-TV markets.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom and pay-TV services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
- Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
- Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
- The overall telecom and pay-TV services revenue in India will grow marginally at a CAGR of 0.2% during 2018-2023.
- Mobile service revenue will account for 76% of total telecom and pay-TV services revenue in 2018, driven by driven by increasing Smartphone subscriptions and the growing adoption of 4G services with higher ARPU
- The recent merger between Vodafone India and Idea cellular gave rise to a new leader in the mobile services segment. The combined entity Vodafone Idea Ltd. will account for 32.4% of total mobile subscriptions estimated for 2018, followed by Airtel (31.7%) and Jio (18.3%).
Reasons to buy
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of India's telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying GlobalData's Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in India's mobile communications, fixed telephony, broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in India's telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in India.