GlobalData's Country Profile report on the Skincare sector in India provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of package materials, category level distribution channel data and market share of brands.
The Indian skin care sector is led by the facial care category in both value and volume terms in 2017, and it is also forecast to register the fastest growth in both value and volume terms during 2017-2022. Convenience stores accounted for the leading share in the distribution of skin care products in the country. Flexible packaging is the most commonly used pack material, followed by rigid plastics and glass. Unilever, Amway Corporation and L`Oreal S.A. are the leading players in the Indian skin care sector.
What else is contained?
- Sector data: Overall sector value and volume data with growth analysis for 2012-2022
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for body care, depilatories, facial care, hand care and make-up remover with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2017-2022
- Leading players: Market share of brands and private labels in value terms in 2017
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each category through distribution channels such as hypermarkets & supermarkets, department stores, convenience stores, drug stores & pharmacies, health & beauty stores, cash & carries and warehouse clubs, 'dollar stores', variety store & general merchandise retailers, vending machines, parapharmacies/drugstores , e-retailers, chemists/pharmacies, and other general retailers
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for pack materials and pack types in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Pack material data for flexible packaging, rigid plastics, rigid metal, glass and others; pack type data for: Bottle, tube, aerosol, tub, bag/sachet, and jar.
- The per capita consumption of skincare products was lower in India compared to both the global and regional levels in 2017
- In 2017,facial care was the largest category both in value and volume terms in the Indian skin care sector
- Convenience stores is the leading distribution channel in the Indian skin care sector
- Fair & Lovely is the leading value brand in the Indian skincare sector
- Flexible packaging is the most commonly used pack material in the Indian skincare sector.
Reasons to buy
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
- The packaging analysis report helps manufacturers, in identifying the most commonly used packaging materials in the sector
- Analysis on key macro-economic indicators such as real GDP, nominal GDP, consumer price index, household consumption expenditure, population (by age group, gender, rurral-urban split, and employed people and unemployment rate. It also includes economic summary of the country along with labor market and demographic trends.