"Future of the Taiwanese Defense Industry - Market Attractiveness, Competitive Landscape and Forecasts to 2023", published by GlobalData, provides readers with detailed analysis of both historic and forecast defense industry values, factors influencing demand, the challenges faced by industry participants, analysis of industry leading companies, and key news.
This report offers detailed analysis of Taiwanese defense industry with market size forecasts covering the next five years. This report will also analyze factors that influence demand for the industry, key market trends, and challenges faced by industry participants.
In particular, it provides an in-depth analysis of the following -
- Taiwanese defense industry market size and drivers: detailed analysis of Taiwanese defense industry during 2019-2023, including highlights of the demand drivers and growth stimulators for the industry. It also provides a snapshot of the country's expenditure and modernization patterns
- Budget allocation and key challenges: insights into procurement schedules formulated within the country and a breakdown of the defense budget. It also details the key challenges faced by defense market participants within the country
- Porter's Five Force analysis of Taiwanese defense industry: analysis of the market characteristics by determining the bargaining power of suppliers, bargaining power of buyers, threat of substitution, intensity of rivalry, and barriers to entry
- Import and Export Dynamics: analysis of prevalent trends in the country's imports and exports over the last five years
- Market opportunities: details of the top five defense investment opportunities over the next 10 years
- Competitive landscape and strategic insights: analysis of the competitive landscape of Taiwanese defense industry. It provides an overview of key players, together with insights such as key alliances, strategic initiatives, and a brief financial analysis.
- Taiwan's military expenditure stands at US$10.9 billion in 2018 and the main factors driving this growth are the rapid modernization of the country's armed forces in recent years and the People's Republic of China's (PRC) assertiveness with regards to territorial claims.
- The capital expenditure allocation, which stood at an average of 18.2% during the historic period, primarily due to the country's procurement contracts for corvettes, diesel-electric submarines, missile defense systems, and multi-role aircraft.
- Taiwanese defense imports witnessed substantial growth over the period 2013-2017. Imports in 2013 were low due to delayed deliveries by the US, which was under pressure from the People's Republic of China (PRC), however, to compensate this, Taiwan started importing engines from Germany. During the forecast period, the US is expected to remain the largest supplier of defense equipment as other countries are reluctant to supply military equipment due to pressure from the People's Republic of China (PRC). The country's imports were highest in 2014 due to the procurement of air defense systems, missiles, and aircraft.
Reasons to buy
- This report will give the user confidence to make the correct business decisions based on a detailed analysis of Taiwanese defense industry market trends for the coming five years
- The market opportunity section will inform the user about the various military requirements that are expected to generate revenues during the forecast period. The description includes technical specifications, recent orders, and the expected investment pattern by the country during the forecast period
- Detailed profiles of the top domestic and foreign defense manufacturers with information about their products, alliances, recent contract wins, and financial analysis wherever available. This will provide the user with a total competitive landscape of the sector
- A deep qualitative analysis of Taiwanese defense industry covering sections including demand drivers, Porter's Five Forces Analysis, Key Trends and Growth Stimulators, and latest industry contracts.