The Chinese skincare sector is led by the facial care category in both value and volume terms, while body care category is expected to register the fastest value growth during 2018-2023. Hypermarkets & supermarkets is the leading channel for distribution of skincare products in the country. Rigid plastics is the most commonly used pack material in the sector, followed by flexible packaging and glass. L`Oreal S.A., Mary Kay, Inc., and Amway Corporation are the leading market players in the Chinese skincare sector.
GlobalData's Country Profile report on the Skincare sector in China provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of package materials, category level distribution channel data and market share of brands.
What else is contained?
- Sector data: Overall sector value and volume data with growth analysis for 2013-2023.
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for eye make-up, face make-up, lip make-up and nail make-up with inputs on individual segment share within each sector and the change in their market share forecast for 2018-2023.
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each sector through distribution channels such as cash & carries & warehouse clubs, convenience stores, department stores, hypermarkets & supermarkets, vending machines, e-retailers, "dollar stores", variety stores & general merchandise retailers, drug stores & pharmacies, and other general retailers.
- Leading players: Market share of brands and private labels in both value and volume terms in 2018.
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for package materials and pack types in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Pack material data for rigid plastics, glass, flexible packaging, rigid metal and others; pack type data for: specialty container, bottle, tube, tub and others.
- The per capita consumption of skincare is higher in China compared to the regional level
- The facial care category is expected to gain maximum market share in value terms during 2018-2023
- Per capita consumption of facial care products is higher compared with other skincare products in China
- Hypermarkets & supermarkets is the leading distribution channel in the Chinese skincare sector
- Private label penetration was highest in the depilatories category, in 2018
- Rigid plastics is the most commonly used pack material in the Chinese skincare sector
- Older Consumers account for the leading share in the consumption of Skincare products in China
Reasons to buy
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
- The packaging analysis report helps manufacturers, in identifying the most commonly used packaging materials in the sector
- Analysis on key macro-economic indicators such as real GDP, nominal GDP, consumer price index, household consumption expenditure, population (by age group, gender, rurral-urban split, and employed people and unemployment rate. It also includes economic summary of the country along with labor market and demographic trends.